any depressed canaries find a good anti-depressant?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Jun 10, 2010.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Every one I've tried I couldn't tolerate. Usually they affect my stomach. Anyone find one that works for them?

Thanks for your feedback...............carole
  2. simonedb

simonedb Member

the only one that really worked much for me tht i could sort of tolerate was serzone, when it worked i took a 1/4 of a tab I think it was an eighth of normal dose. after awhile couldnt tolerate it anymore, sometimes a crumb of it here and there I think helps a bit. It is risky on the liver though.
  3. kat211

kat211 New Member

Celexa has worked very well for me for more than 8 years now. I am going to ask for cymbalta on monday just because I think the efficacy of the celexa is starting to fade. I have not had a single bad reaction to the celexa. I also make sure I take it b/f I go to bed.
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

The only one I've been able to tolerate is Prozac. I've tried MANY different ADs, but they usually hit me w horrible side effects or they just don't help me at all.

Prozac isn't the perfect fix, but it's the only one that doesn't make me feel like a zombie, give me headaches or make me shaky. I change my dosage up or down from 20-40mg depending on how I'm feeling.

The problem w ADs is that people have extremely different reactions and side effects from them unfortunately. And, like the OP said, we are like very sensitive to many meds and misc things.

I also believe taking D3 helps the mood stabilize somewhat. I was taking it for several months (2-4000iu) and felt better, was able to go to my lower dose of Prozac. Then, silly me, I ran out and stopped taking it for about 2 mos...and low and behold, I realized I was falling into the pit of despair again.

Got some more D this past wk, and don't want to run out again. Maybe it was just a coincidence, who knows, but it's easy and cheap enough taking the D. Studies are showing it to be helpful from a scientific point of view, so why not try it?

Good luck, I know how horrible depression is to live with....xoxo Hermit
  5. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

I have found low doses helpful but going to high as in normal dose for non cfs person cause insomnia etc, so i have taken zoloft 1/4 of tablet thats 12.5mg and also found wellbutrin goood at 75mg a day. I think cfsers have to go low and start of slow when sorting out AD doses. Get a pill cutter so u can cut them in 1/4 and start there, also make sure your presciption is for tablet and not capsules.
  6. tigerlily787

tigerlily787 New Member

Whey Protein (got one with few additives) or protein foods, especially the following:

Pot roast, Turkey, Beef, Chicken, Eggs, Kidney beans, Walnuts, Garbanzos, Sunflower seeds, Feta cheese

Protein creates brain serotonin!

If it doesn't digest properly, one would seek out things to make certain it did (enzymes, probiotics).

Not everyone has a protein deficiency, but I did, and when I addressed, I felt so changed!!
  7. Achyten

Achyten New Member

I just went from Cymbalta to Celexa only 5 days ago,,,was off cymbalta for a week then onto this. At first I was sleeping in so late,, like 1pm or so. I didn't think I"d be able to take this, but I kept taking it,,,, and am I glad I did!

Celexa is the first AD that I can truly say that is starting to work for me,,, I don't sleep in so late anymore,,, getting outta bed my usual time, around 9-10 Am. I am feeling better already!!
    I will continue to take this awesome med,, there are no side effects whatsoever. Oh, maybe,,, don't feel like eating that much,,,but that too shall pass.... I"d recommend celexa to everyone,,i'm only on 10 mgs for starters...

Give this a try!! If you haven't already.... God Bless, achyten