Any diagnosed Fm'ers who do NOT get headaches?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedB, Feb 16, 2003.

1. RedB

RedB New Member

Are there any others besides myself who do not suffer from headaches with your FM?
  2. healing

healing New Member

I don't get them either.
  3. epicurean

epicurean New Member

never get a headache-thankfully
  4. LErdman

LErdman New Member

I used to have a headache almost every day until I left my job. That was 2 years ago so I think the headaches were from to much stress. I tried to do all the things to relieve stress like meditation, taking breaks, get up from my desk and walk around, stretch, but nothing kept them away. I did not think the headaches were from work all the time but now I would say they were. Maybe that is why so many people have them since we cannot handle ANY stress.

It feels wonderful to NOT have headaches!
    LErdman
  5. sunflowertgp

sunflowertgp New Member

Hi,
    I used to get headaches every few days. there was no meds. that would stop them. once I was dx with FMS, I started taking elavil, and zoloft. That has realy worked wonders for me. Mine would lasts for hours. Once in a while I still get themon the left side of my neck up into my head. T hey aren't near as severe as they were. Best of luck on finding a solution.
  6. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

This was shortly after I was dx'd. Now I hardly ever get them at all (though I have to say they've flared since going onto the sugar-free diet -- I hope this will settle down).

I *do* however still get the stiff neck/neck tension that is commonly thought to give the FM headaches. Weird!

--marcus
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I feel very fortunate that I don't have the headache problem that many with FM do. The pain and fatigue are enough!

Ellen
  8. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

When I was dx with fm and put on meds they stopped.
  9. clueless

clueless New Member

I have pain in my neck up into the side of my head but no head ache for which I thank the Lord!! Clueless
  10. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

in March. For 24 of those years I had daily migrainous headaches. I then had a motor vehicle accident. At that time I was put on alot of strong muscle relaxants and narcotic analgesics. They didn't resolved the pain from the accident BUT they finally broke that 24 year cycle of pain. I have had a rare headache since and it's now been a year and a half and what I use is the Exedrin Migraine OTC or just plain acetaminophen medication WITH(!) relief. I don't ask why, I'm just glad that they are gone. dolsgirl