Any doctors treating CFS in Chicago or Midwest?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onaquest, Feb 7, 2006.

  1. onaquest

    onaquest New Member

    Does anyone know any doctors in Chicago or Midwest to treat CFS?
  2. cats3

    cats3 New Member

    My allergy/immunology doctor treats FMS,CFS,IBS,ADHD,Aspergers
    and the list goes on.

    He is in Overland Park, Kansas and has many patients from out of state.

    His name is Jeremy E Baptist,MD,PhD
    Allergy Link, P.A.

    Treat the cause, not just the symptom.

    They do not have a web site yet.
  3. getfitat40

    getfitat40 New Member

    I don't have CFS, but I do have FMS and I have found the BEST rheumatologist finally. His name is Dr. Robert Katz and his office is on Rush University Hospital campus. The name of his practice is Rheumatologist Associates and within his office he has a full blood lab and X-ray machine/ultrasound. I found him while google-ing for a rheumy and he is one of the top doctors in the country and Chicago. And it doesn't hurt that he looks like Paul Newman. I do not know if he treats CFS though...after all of that. Check him out!

  4. deliarose

    deliarose New Member

    at Rush..or at least associated with Rush. Primary care specialising in CFS. No-nonsense..but also not experimental.

    The best i've seen so far.. but I also experiment with supplments too..and he's ok with that.

  5. marw

    marw New Member

    Unfortunately Dr. Katz in Chicago does not acept HMO's or Medicare. I have called several times, but always get this answer.
  6. getfitat40

    getfitat40 New Member

    I did not know that Dr. Katz didn't take HMO. I thought if you got a referral from your PCP you could see him. I changed to Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO because I wanted to be able to see any doctor I wanted to see...but it is more expensive.

    Health care in the US is troublesome (trying not to be inflammatory but in my mind I was thinking of a more descriptive word). My parents who live on a fixed income from pension and SS struggle with this all the time too.

  7. marw

    marw New Member

    I sympathize with your parents and with you, too. I live on a small pension, and making ends meet is such a really difficult problem.

    I know for a fact Kr. Katz does not take Medicare, and I see that I said he does not take HMO's either. I think I got that from the "Top Doctor's of America" Book that he is in, or it may be from the "Good Doctor's" List here. I will double check that to be sure I am right about the HMO's, although I must be or I wouldn't have said it. You know how that Fibro Fog is? You can't even rmember what you yourself said sometimes! I'm sorry.

    If you want to join the Castle Connolly "Top Doctor's of America" on the internet, it costs $21.00 for a year's subscription. I will send you the addy, or you can just type Castle Connolly in the address bar. It lists top doctors by area also, and there are a lot of them for Chicago. I have so many things wrong with me that I decided to give it a try. I just joined, so I haven't been to the docs myself, except that I was surprised to see that I was already going to some of them.

    Good luck to you.