ANY EASY instructions on how to CUT and PASTE??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Need some easy instructions on how to cut and paste my lists in the address book to send in to my provider's site? That is the only way to access my and DH's lists we need to contact at least once a month. I know I can pout each in one by one but that will take forever and I don't have the time or patience for it. Every time I have tried it doesn't work.

Hope I can get an answer from someone that can ahelp me. I also need to know for other purposes. BTW, I have a Windows 7 computer if anyone needs to know.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Love,
    Granni
  2. freida

freida Active Member

Granni, that is awful the problems you've been having with your computer and email box, etc!!

I'm sorry it has not been completely fixed for you by now!

I don't know anything to help you....
    I don't use address books...

but I DO understand what you mean, that you have the lists, that surely do not want to be copied one by one.!

I can't help with that,
    but send my caring to you.
    Ugh.

Leah Freida
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I have already spoken to my provider, different people each times, of course. They have tried different things and send me stuff and i tried to send then stuff . It worked I believe but 3 or 4 people have already told me it was the falut of a 3rd party that they have been working on trying to get fixed.

Luckily, I am able to send out stuff from the back door as I call it, from the provider's website. I have unplugged and then replugged almost everything I could think of. In fact once I did that and it screwed up more stuff. I also let it run a scan and the first time it didnpt finish as DH was in a hurry to go someplace and I had to cancel. There were some things that I quarantined. I tried to do it again and DH didnpt realize what I was doing ( Iforgot to tell him) and he just thought I forgot to turn it off and so that was a waste. I may try again when DH is gone.

Thanks for the info. Now I am busily trying to put some e-mails I use alot in its address book.

We may change from Thunderbird to I think it is Outlook Express. or something. A friend of mine uses the same server and has had no problem, at least with sending. I know others who have had other problems too with our server. My big problem is all the lists I have to send too - what a nightmare that is. A few will have to take over till this is solved..

Frieda/Leah - Thanks also for your sweet and caring thoughts.
    Unfortunatly, we cannot live with or without these dumb computers !!!

TTYL have to go fix lunch.

Love,
    Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2012]
  4. freida

freida Active Member

....address books and the like,
    and actually computers altogether,
    were supposed to make things EASIER to do, not harder and more cumbersome and more lengthy.

We need our computers, but they sure did not turn out like we thought they would!!

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I probably will be back to vent again, and maybe again and again :)!! Yes, we do have the geek squad and have used them on occasion. DS told us to call the server which we did since everything else seems to work.

Thanks for the understanding and advice too. I do appreciate it.

Oh, Diane and Freida too - If you both go to Face Book, I do not know if either of you do, I have transferred pictures my DIL took at our gathering on Christmas, to my page. Let me know if you need more info.

Gotta go and try and get some more stuff done on this computer, at least through the back door or Smart Phone.

Diane - do you ever hear anything at all from Jerry from the other thread? Miss those guys the kitties and all their antics.

TTYL !

Love,
    Granni
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Long story, the gal called me and said they had been working on it. Then WE changed a couple of settings and it worked. What a pain but hope this stays OK for some time.A techie I am not but I do love the computer and smart phone but not sure if I will be able to keep the SP, we will see. If not I am OK as long as the computer is working but SP is very helpful though when you are away from the house.

I still need to know how to cut and paste for other things.

Thanks all !

Love,
    Granni
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You can highlight what you want cut and pasted and hit control C to copy and control V to paste. Or you can highlight and click on the right button to copy and then paste.

Love, Mikie
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

what my dear is control C and control V???? I told you I was not a techie :)!!

Love,
    Granni
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You hold down the control button and the C key at the same time. Right button clicking may be easier for you. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I will try that when I need to and see if it is as easy as you say :)!!!! he he

Don't know if you have seen my last post that we got it fixed and it now sends the ways it should. However, I should be able to try cut and paste for other things.

I appreciate all the help and good thoughts while I was in this dilemma. I was ready for a very long seige when someone called and said they thought it might be fixed but they needed to check some settings which thank goodness they/we changed.

TTYL !

Love,
    Granni
  11. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

It's the kinda thing where you need audio and visual aids.

Youtube has some videos on the subject. You might wanna try there.

My computer is still playing tricks on me. Today my "local news" was
    from Denver, Colorado. And yesterday it was from Cedar Hills, TX.
    That anywhere near you?

Rock
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In the Zodiac. These are the kind of tricks Mercury plays when in retrograde. Anything electronic and connected to communications are the usual victims. I had the electrician out yesterday to change out an outlet. That's an easy job I would normally do myself but when I got into the electric box, it was what they call a "bird's nest," wires going everywhere and taped together, a big no-no. Sho 'nuff, he said it wasn't wired up to code. It was the builder who put it in. Figures! I think when these buildings were build, Lennar drove down to whatever corner out-of-work people were waiting on, hoping for a day's work. They would pick some up and tell some, "You're an electrician." To others, they would say, "You guys are plumbers," etc., etc. But, I digress...

One wire was so loose that it may be the reason I've had lines through my TV. On the other hand, it may be the TV. I've now eliminated everything outside the TV which might be causing the problem. I'm praying the outlet fixed the problem. Otherwise, I'll have to call in the warranty folks to fix the TV. The problem is intermittant so I'll just have to keep the TV on to see whether the lines reappear. Praying and crossing my fingers.

The fluerescent light above the kitchen cabinets, alas, continued to be an elusive problem. When it first started to glow pink, I bought a new light bulb and when that didn't fix it, I replaced the fixture itself. Electrician said I wired it correctly. He replaced the ballasts and then, it wouldn't work at all. He said there are new fixtures and the ones I have are on their way out. I don't have the money to have them changed out and I have no confidence that one would work. Why would a new one work when it didn't work when the new one I put in did not work? I actually think it is just fine with one fixture along the wall. I may buy a couple of new light bulbs so I have replacements before they are discontinued. So, I ended up paying $100 basically to replace an outlet.

My expensive series of bad luck continues. I'm hoping the New Year brings better things. Also hope it brings better things for all of us.

Love, Mikie
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Rock - glad to see you. I just posted on the lounge that you hadn't been around or I hadn't seen you. Hope you are doing as well as you can be !

Mikie - My you have had your hands full. Yes, everything costs so much lately but when dealing with work people they don't always get the job done right. That is frustrating when the job is as good as expected it would be. I know, now that Christmas is over and I will try and save some money - groan. I had my check balance up thee but it is way low with Christmas. To many in the family for me and I try and keep things cheap, or as cheap as possible !

Julie - Hope you are hanging in there and not all pooped out from evrything you do for everyone in the family. All I can say is Hooray for getting my computer fixed so it now can send. That was a big headache for me. Glad the young lady called yesterday to say they thought they had gotten it OK on their end but needed to check on my end. We did make a few changes in settings.

Gotta go and get dressed and do something around here. It is a rainy, frizzluy and chilly day but wupposedly going to get warmer than the last couple.

Love to everydoby and sorry if I didn't get a chance to mention you all.

Love,
    Granni
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For quite a few years now, my kids and I don't exchange gifts; we all have most everything we need. I do buy for my DGS. We make donations, mostly to animal charities but I also like St. Jude's Hospital for Children and the Salvation Army. I have started my austerity program and am determined to stick to it.

Love, Mikie