any experience w/ sutherlandia or maca powder?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OmShanti, May 26, 2003.

1. OmShanti

OmShanti New Member

i was just wondering if anyone's tried either sutherlandia or maca powder to help w/ CFS. they're just two things i came across while searching online for CFS treatments/info.
    Sutherlandia frutescens is a medicinal plant found in south africa. there's some extensive info online about its use for CFS treatment.
    Maca root is grown in Peru, it's a whole vegetable food, not a drug, that supposedly '"adapts" to your body's metabolism and works with your body to repair what needs to be repaired so that an optimal and ideal level of health and energy is maintained at all times.'

anyone ever heard of these or tried them?

Peace & Namaste,
    tara
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have heard of Maca (I think it was the Maca Root), but not Sutherlandia frutescens. I think I just read about the Maca 'somewhere'(I am very good at forgetting where I read something!). I just bought four new additions of books on Supplements and Herbs, as mine are getting old. So thought I would do an update.

Will try to find both of them and see what they are all about.

I do take the pure Noni Juice (Morinda Citrifolia), which is from the Pacific Islands, its considered a fruit, and a medicinal plant too, and it sure have been a big help with my digestion.

Maybe someone else has tried these two also.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Maca Root is used for perimenopause-postmenopausal symptoms, but I haven't tried it, yet, so don't know the effectiveness level...
  4. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

I have used the capsule form of Maca Root. It didn't go well with me. I got really moody like I had bad PMS didn't take it for a long enough time to see if it would increase my energy.
    Good for peri/post menapausal women, I'm only 27 maybe thats why it didn't agree with me.
    Good luck
    mitch
  5. OmShanti

OmShanti New Member

I'm 26 so I guess I'll probably steer clear of the Maca Root too for now!
    Thanks everyone for your input :)
    ~tara