Any experiences with ringworm (fungal infection)?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sdown, Jan 3, 2006.

1. sdown

sdown New Member

I have ringworm of the body and am going to start to take lamisil tablets. Ive been using the lamisil cream for 3 days now and it helps. My husband has athlete's foot and jock's itch (which is ringworm). He picked it up at the gym (Im assuming). It is contagious and he passed it on to me. Unfortunately with a weakened immune system my symptoms are heightened. The itchiness is bad all over. I don't sleep well at night because of the itchiness. The yeast is in my scalp, in my nose, groin area, face, neck, etc. The doctor said to take lamisil for 2 weeks and if its not better to take it for another 2 weeks. Ive never taken lamisil before so if anyone out there has for a fungul infection let me know. If so, did you have any side effects from lamisil. Thanks.
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

but its just been a few little rings here and there. Haven't taken any oral medication, but tried an rx cream the first time. It took forever to go away w/ that.

Got a tip from the vet that treated it real fast for the next time. Just use any old antibiotic ointment, I keep a cheapo store brand around for insect bites in the summer too. It's clear, unlike stinky pinky calamine, and works much better. For ringworm, slather on the ring a few times a day, and cover w/ a bandaid to keep it from rubbing right off. Goes in less than a week that way.

jeanne
  3. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

My kids have a real problem with cats and ringworm. We would love to have a kitten but every time my children are around a cat (petting, touching and even with a scratch) they end up with ringworm.
    My daughter has one now on her thigh from a vist to Grandma's. Its sad because my kids and I love cats to pieces. My son had ringworm in his hair so badly he took an oral medication for three weeks to get rid of it. His pediatrician sent him to a Dermotoligist for his hair problem. I wish I knew some info on the Lamisil to tell you but I don't remember what my son took for it. We usually use over the counter antifungal medicines with the latest culprit.
    Good luck,
    Angela