Any FFC in California???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acuario, Jul 27, 2006.

1. acuario

acuario New Member

hi everybody. does anybody know any FFC clinic in Soutern California???

thank you so much..
  2. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

What in the world, please, is FFC? I did a google-search and came up with lots of things that surely don't apply to anything medical. Everything from something having to do with aerospace to a fertilizer company...aaarrrrggggghhh.
    So. Could someone please straighten out my non-understanding?
    Thanks,
    Lea.
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

4. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

FFC and fatigue.....their website will come up. It should be at the top of the first page of results.

There is no longer a listing for the center in Los Angeles on that web page, but if you click on "associates" or "alliances" (forget which), the Holtorf Medical Groups will show up. That is the same location they have been at, but for some reason it is not listed directly as an FFC.

FFC stands for Fibro and Fatigue Center (I think).
  5. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

There is one in Torrance. I just happened on to the board after some time away and saw your post. I'll look up the website for you. What area do you live in?

Dolphin
  6. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

it is: www.fibroandfatigue.com

When you go to the website to look up locations, scroll down a bit to where it says "FFC Affilliates" and then "Holtorf Medical Group". It will give you addresses and phone numbers.

Please report your experiences back on this site. Your experiences and information (especially if your health improves) will help others who may be contemplating going.

God bless you!

Dolphin
  7. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

I go to the FFC in Torrance. The founder, Holtorf practices there, as well as two other Doctors, Wightman and Tenenbaum. Per the website, Holtorf was the founder of FFC, having come down with CFS while in medical school and testing a lot of their approaches on himself.

I see Wightman, who I really like. He is sincere, kind and has been trying to make a difference.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  8. acuario

acuario New Member

thank you all for all you information.
    thank you so much Dolphin, I just got PPO insurance maybe it can cover some. yes I will post all my experiences with FFC and if I improve. I always wanted to give it a try to antivirals, since I think I got all my symptoms after I got a Flu. Thank you all again.

Acuario
  9. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

THANK YOU very much for the reply; I just could NOT figure out what the acronym meant.
    Lea.
  10. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

Cedars-Sinai in Beverly Hills has an FM Rehab program that treats FM and CFS. I spent 6 weeks there in '96 and my symptoms improved significantly.

Hope this helps!

- julie (is free!)

All I know is
    love can heal
    what nothing
    else can heal.. - Radney Foster