Any football fans out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mgk321, Jan 20, 2007.

1. mgk321

mgk321 New Member

I need to sign off the computer and do some housework because tomorrow I will spend the day watching football. I am an avid football fan. I love and hate this time of year. Both games tomorrow should be good but since I'm a New England Patriots' fan, I expect that one to be the most exciting.

The reason this time of year is good and bad is that you get some good matchups (The Cowboys/Seattle game was one example.) but the season is coming to an end.

I started watching football with my Dad when I was around nine. In those days, here in NE, the only games you saw were NY Giants games so I was raised on YA Tittle, Rosie Greer, Jim Brown, Frank Gifford, Pat Summerall, etc. Then I became a Patriot's fan and have never wavered through thick and thin, and man, there have been some thin times!

I had three Fantasy Football teams this year and came in first place with one, second with another and a resounding ten out of ten in the latter. You win some and you lose some! It's the fourth year I've played it and I love it.

I am fifty-seven and a female. I don't know if there are many women out there who follow football as closely as I do but I'd love to hear from anyone who does.

My daughter's favorite story about me is when she was a freshman in college, she called home one Sunday afternoon in September. I answered the phone and told her I'd have to call her back because the Patriots were on.

You should hear her tell the story. "I could have been deathly ill. I could have been overcome with homesickness. I could have been lonely. Did she care? No! She was watching the Patriots!" She'll never get tired of telling the story, I'm afraid. She fails to mention that she decided she'd turn on her TV and watch them too!

So, any football fans around here?
  2. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I have never really been a football fan. This year thou I will be watching one of the games. I am from Indiana so needless to say I will be rooting for the colts. My little three year old Granddaughter will be watching with her Daddy too. She has her Colts cheerleader outfit and her pompoms and she is ready.

I grew up in a house where football or what ever sport was in season was on but never really enjoyed it. It is exciting this year. I am looking forward to the Colts playing in the Super Bowl. LOL.

Well anyway one of us will be watching our team in the Super Bowl. LOL.

3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hello, huge football fan here! Looks like we are rivals-Lol! I am a loyal Charger fan. Very disappointing loss last week! We made some sloppy mistakes. But all in all, it was a fantastic season, I enjoyed it very much. We also took my whole family to one of the games (vs. St. Louis) for my 8 yr. old son's birthday. We won, and it was a great time! He is really into sports and it is such fun watching games with him.

I lived in San Diego for 12 yrs., been a Southern California girl since I was 6 yrs. old, so the Chargers are my team.

Funny story about your daughter. I know the feeling of wanting to have an uninterrupted couple of hours while the game is on. Love to go out and watch them also.

My best Charger moment was when we won the AFC championship in 1996. We were having a big football party a few blocks from the stadium, but the game was out of town. We waited until the Chargers flew back that night. We walked to the stadium and they met all of their fans there, unscheduled, spur of the moment. Almost 60,00 elated fans showed up at the stadium. Our star player at that time, Junior Seau, gave a tearful speech of gratitude to the fans. It was an awesome moment. I get chills thinking about it.

Thanks for starting this thread, fun to talk to a fellow football fan! Kim :)
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and Miami Dolphins fan.

I'm rooting for the Colts and Saints tomorrow. Sorry, but I think the Patriots have been in the Super Bowl too many times the past 6 years.

I'd just like to see some new blood. If not, then may the best teams win!

I'm sort of happy the season is ending because I'm sort of getting tired of being tied down to the TV for football 2 days a week.

Take care,