Any Garrison Keillor fans out there?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Apr 22, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I tune in every weekend. I'm a native Minnesotan although I live in New Mexico now.
    The Prairie Home Companion this weekend is from Rochester, Minnesota, home of the Mayo Clinic.
    Lots of health and doctor humor on this show; the "Guy Noir, Private Eye" was especially funny.
    Kholmes
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

if you miss a show, (they are on National Public Radio every Saturday), you can usually listen to them online several days later on Prairiehome.org.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Det gleder meg a treffe deg.

I'm from the land of sky-blue waters too, but now live in LA. Still got relatives in Rochester.

I read all of Garrison's books. My favorite is the one about the readio station.

At the local Sons of Norway meetings we refer to Minnesota as "The Old Country".

Ha det bra
    Rockne
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

DH & I used to listen every weekend, when we lived in Id.
    When it snowed, it was so much fun to light a fire in the fireplace, turn on the Show, and play a game of Quaddominos. While listening to the wonderful Talent of thoes on the show.
    Also, I usually put on a Pot of WhiteBeans/hamhocks, it made the kitchen smell nice and all warm and cozy.

Gee I miss thoes day's.

I'll try to find the station down here that carries it, maybe the DH will want to play some cards, instead of being on that Dang Computer, lol, lol.

We live in the SO Ca area, in case anyone Knows the station that carries it here.

Hug's,
    sharonk
  5. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

but I missed the Guy Noir part last night. VPR repeats the show again on Sunday afternoon - I'll have to try to remember to listen to it. I always enjoy his musical guests too.
  6. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

I just rented a 4-tape set of Garrison's stories from the library. I will play them on an upcoming car trip with my Dad. It's one thing we can BOTH enjoy coming out of the car speakers.

I know Keillor has his fans and detractors, but I'm one of those who would enjoy hearing him read the phone book. I look forward to an upcoming movie about the radio show.
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Garrison and Click and Clack are favorite NPR progs. of mine.

Did you know he is on his fourth marriage? BUT his son of this one is autistic, so he is spreading the word there.

The BBC also run Praisrie Home show on BBC Radio 7 every Saturday for you UK people.

Love Anne C
  8. hot-tubgirl

hot-tubgirl New Member

I love Prarie Home Companion and listen most weeks. I love the Lake Wobegone monologues. I grew up in New England in a stodgy family with much in common with the people he talks about. I get a real kick out of him. h-girl