Any Good Cold Sore Remedies?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lbconstable, Sep 2, 2005.

1. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Hi all,

I don't usually get cold sores, but have one coming on at the corner of my mouth.

Any ideas for treatments to quickly heal these things?

Thanks for your thoughts,
    Laurie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2005]
  2. chris350

chris350 New Member

Where are the cold sores? Inside your mouth or on your lips? If they are either you need to get on Valtrax (get the generic) b/c this is herpes I. Basically a virus. We all get them but keep in mind that if you are sexually active this blisters can spread and become herpes II.
  3. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

You can get it at Walmart. It's a little tiny tube and it costs about $13. My sweetheart was super stressed from work so he got one and with the Abreva it was gone in about a week.

-michele
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It hurts at first but eventually numbs the sore. The cold kills the virus. I apply Zovirax after icing mine and they usually go away before ever getting to the oozing, scabby stage. The earlier you treat them, the better.

Love, Mikie
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I use rubbing alcohol applied with a cotton ball, several times a day. It seems to speed the healing. God bless, a.t.
  6. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Thank you all for the replies.

There on the outside of my mouth at the right corner. I noticed it yesterday being tender and sure enough today I saw the evidence. Of course I came here for advice first!

I think I've only had a cold sore one other time in my life. I usually get canker sores in my mouth when I'm fighting yeast infections.

I've been putting ice on them today. You're right Mikie hurts like the dickens at first, but they seem to feel better afterwards.

Mikie, do you think this outbreak could be related to the Transfer Factors I've been taking? I've been on them for 4 weeks now. I did notice a low grade temperature today.

Love & Light all, Laurie
  7. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

for "Tetrasil". It is silver in a topical ointment and is recommened for cold sores, burns, nail fungus, and other stuff. I never heard of it before, so don't know anything about it but could be promising.

This is part of the spiel: "...a powerful molecule comprised of four silver atoms balanced by four oxygen atoms. The significance of utliizing them in a single molecule to kill pathogens is an important scientific breakthrough. Both silver and oxygen are known to be nature's strongest germ fighting elements."

I used to suffer terribly from cold sores, and tho I no longer do, my daughter does. I'm thinking of getting some of this for her to try.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff?
  8. brneyedgrl

brneyedgrl New Member

Wet down a rolaid or tums and put it on the cold sore.

This got rid of mine fast. Iv'e only had two in my life.

Brneyedgrl