Any Good Disability Lawyers in Eastern NC Area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sanddollar140, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Sanddollar140

Sanddollar140 New Member

I applied for SSD and was turned down (what a surprise). Does anyone know of any good lawyers in this area or in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area? I have an appt. with one on Tuesday but do not know anything about him. I just need to find a good one. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all! - Amy

2. Sanddollar140

Sanddollar140 New Member

If not,can anyone give me advice on my appt. with the lawyer? Please help! Thanks, and God bless you all! - Amy
  3. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

You might want to consider using Allsup. They are in Bellville, IL and represent nationwide. I used them and was very happy. You can do a search on this sight with Allsup for title and content and see what others think of them.

They fill out all the paperwork for you over the phone. They only charge if they win, and the same percentage as an attorney. I ive in AZ and they flew a lawyer out from California for my case.

Many people are pleased with them. Try and give them a call, it won't hurt. The other thing, get the book "Nolos Guide to Social Security". It will be your bible through this process and has invaluable information.

Best of luck.

M J