ANY GOOD DOCS IN THE WESTERN SUBURBS OF CHICAGO?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HOUSEOFBLUES, Dec 13, 2002.

1. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Ok I know I asked once before, but i notice there are some new people here now. Maybe someone lives around the area who can recommend..........
    I live in Plainfield, and the other surrounding areas I can get to are: Joliet, Bolingbrook, Naperville, etc...
    So if anyone lives around these areas and knows of a good Doctor for Fibro, please let me know..........

Thanks,
    HOB
  2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Ok I know I asked once before, but i notice there are some new people here now. Maybe someone lives around the area who can recommend..........
    I live in Plainfield, and the other surrounding areas I can get to are: Joliet, Bolingbrook, Naperville, etc...
    So if anyone lives around these areas and knows of a good Doctor for Fibro, please let me know..........

Thanks,
    HOB
  3. xo4damama

xo4damama Member

Although I do remember reading it. How far are you from Schaumburg? Dr. Dachman & Nayak's office is there, and I think they are wonderful. I have been to rheumy's from Rockford to Chicago, and this practice has been by far the most supportive and sincere.
  4. skitz

skitz New Member

HOB,
    I've been on the same search...I live in Romeoville. I've found there's very few docs in this area, there are more in Chicago but am hoping to find one close to home. I'm visiting Dr. Robert Carpenter at Edward's Professional Bldg next Tuesday and will let you know how it goes. I got his name from an FM support group in Bbrook. He is an internal med doc specializing in FM and rheumatology. My dealings with the office staff so far have been really pleasant.

I also learned that Edwards Health & Fitness Ctr on Rt. 53 has warm water exercise classes designed specifically for FM sufferers...one such class is called AICHI.

Let me know if you want more info on the Bbrook support group...they told me about AICHI too. I don't get on this board too often, but my email is mrskitz10685@yahoo.com.

God Bless,
    Sharon
  5. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Thanks for the info , but I'm afraid these places are way too far on the North side for me. I'm all the way south west.
    Thanks for posting,
    Love,
    HOB
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2002]
  6. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

There is a Doctor by the name of Mike Skardoff that my friend drives from Minnesota to see because he is great. His name is Mike Skardoff. He has his own sight under paintreat. Org. Don't know if I can give that out. Anyways I have no idea if this is close to you or not. My friend said he has found relieve for the first time in many years with him. He is inexpensive and very caring. There are a lot of stories in the net of how he saved peoples lives because of being regected and such and he has given hope when they did not have any. I hope this helps and wish you much luck.
    Joannie
  7. RedB

RedB New Member

Is Munster, Indiana too far for you to travel? I visit a Doctor Reich there, and I travel all the way from just north of New Buffalo, Michigan (along Lake Michigan) to get to him. He used to be only 1/2 hour away from me, and he moved all the way to Munster. He has been extremely kind, and respectful to me. He also allows me to try any medicine that I have researched and want to try. Of course, I've never asked for the really tough stuff, so I don't know how he would react to that. I would love to say he has made me well, but I find that I can't take most of the meds anyway. He is a good enough doctor to make the comment "We doctors are not informed enough at this point to be able to do anything but treat the symptoms of Fibromyalgia, but we do know that it definitely is there." Which is a lot nicer than most of the docs near me who have that "look". You know, the one that says "I will give you the medicine that they tell me to give you, but I think you're wacko!"