Any Good Doctors in Toledo, Ohio for CFIDS/fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Sep 21, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

If anyone has anyone they can recommend, I'd love to hear. I have been kind of frustrated with my doctor the last couple of years and have tried going to a couple new doctors, but they weren't any better. I'm so frustrated with doctors right now. I have gone to the same doctor for the last 10 years, but he is becoming rather stubborn as of late. Any advice would be appreciated.

GBHope
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I don't know of anyone from Toledo, but I go to a really great doctor in Ann Arbor. He has a lot of patients, though, so it will probably take several months to get in. I asked them to put me on the list to call if someone cancelled last minute and was able to get in a month earlier that way. Here is his name and address: Dr. David Vallance, 3055 Plymouth Road, Suite 102, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, (734) 623-0100.

He is a wonderful doctor and has really helped me. After years of searching, he is the best doctor I've ever been to. He has a very calm manner and spends a lot of time with you. He never acts like he is in a hurry with you. He is the first doctor who was really willing to aggressively treat my pain. I feel like he and I are partners and are working together to help me feel better and be more productive.

I hope this helps.

Ellen

3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Although I am from Massachusetts, I believe that Dr. Mark Pellegrino practices in Ohio. He has written books, and if I lived there he would be my top pick.

He has Fibro also. So he understands. He is one of the top doctors to see for it.

There is nothing better than having a doctor that can really understand what you are going through because he has it himself.

Take Care,
    Stephanie
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I'm supposed to see my regular doc on November 3rd and if I don't get anywhere with him then, I think there is a good probability I will move on. I need him to understand and work with me. He doesn't listen real well about certain things. It's very frustrating. Doesn't believe in yeast, doesn't believe in chronic and reactivating EBV which I have, doesn't like me using 1 mg of lorazepam at bedtime when it greatly helps. Well, we'll see, but I may make an appt with another doc ahead of time. I'm just sick of doctor shopping.

GBHope
  5. UrbanPioneer

UrbanPioneer New Member

I've been to the one in Dallas and these folks are a God send! Dr. Joseph Teitlebaum, a CFIDS patient and author of Fatigued to Fantiastic and creator of the supplement company Enzymatic Therapy is their Medical Director.

Here's one in Cleveland:

Cleveland, Ohio

Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Center of Cleveland
    18151 Jefferson Park Road, Suite 103
    Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
    Toll-free: 1-866-443-4276
    Phone: 440-260-9700
    Fax: 440-260-9702

Here's the link to the site for more info:
    http://www.fibroandfatigue.com/center_locations.php#cleveland

[This Message was Edited on 09/22/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2006]