Any good flu / cold remedies, treatments, vitamins, herbs, potions etc?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by happycfs, Jan 29, 2013.

1. happycfs

happycfs Member

Hi friends,

Just wondering if anybody had any good experiences with certain natural, easy to tolerate (of course) sort of remedy for cold and / or flu symptoms? Aches, and pains, and fevers, oh my! ....

Thank you, in advance.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I like Sambucol, which is black elderberry extract. It has anti-viral properties.

I get the Original formula. There is also a cold & flu formula, but I read on the Sambucol site that it is meant to be used in conjunction with the Original formula.

It is available in drug stores. I find it at a major chain drug store in the aisle with the cold & flu meds.

Here is a study about the effectiveness of Sambucol.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11399518

Black Elderberry extract is also available in other brands at healthfood stores.

2 years ago my daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandsons got the H1N1 flu. My youngest grandson, who was 4 years old at the time, was the only one who took Sambucol. He recovered much faster than the others.

I hear alot about Oscillococcinum also. It is available in drug stores.

I also take alot of Vitamin D, which strengthens our immune system and can help prevent illness. I get my Vitamin D and other supplements from the Prohealth store.
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

for me Echineaca works every time when I feel a cold type sympton.

Otherwise, I stay healthy by taking my grape seed ex which I'm heading into 18 yrs.....I got rid of allergies, sinus issues and sinus headaches....they are history since my grape seed ex.....jam