Any good FM docs in Boston Area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephieBee, Jun 28, 2006.

1. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I am looking for a doctor that will treat my FM and actually help me when I tell him that I am in unbearable pain that is totally controlling my life. I was diagnosed over 5 years ago and still havent found a doc that will help me. I have a more severe case, but my age is what scares the docs out of helping me.

Thanks,
    Stephanie
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

He dx'd me and can refer to pain clinic at Spaulding Rehab.:

Dr. Robert Sands
    Certfied in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
    Harvard Vanguard Associates
    West Roxbury

Harvard Vanguard accepts the following insurance plans:

* Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    (HMO Blue; Blue Choice; Blue Care Elect; Access Blue; Medex; and PPO or indemnity plans only)
    * CIGNA
    (limited services - Primary Care; please call us)
    * Community Care Network
    * FirstHealth
    * Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    * HealthCare Value Management
    * Medicare
    * Neighborhood Health Plan
    * Private Healthcare Systems
    * Tufts Health Plan
    (HMO, PPO, and POS products; Liberty by Tufts Health Plan; Tufts Total Health Plan; and CareLink plans)

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  3. kcollins

kcollins New Member

I saw Dr Don Goldenberg at Newton-Wesley Hospital, he is an expert in the treatment of FMS.
    Best of luck,
    Kathy
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I have seen him already. I went to him for a second opinion. I really wish that he treated people but he is way too busy!

Thanks anyways!
  5. kcollins

kcollins New Member

Maybe he would give treatment recommendations to your doctor based on the one time you went to him, even though he can't take you on as a patient .
    Take care,
    Kathy
  6. pamj

pamj New Member

She is on the good doctor list. She's holistic, so they're not approved by most insurance plans, but she's awesome.

Let me know if you need more info.

Pam
  7. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

stephanie,

i just read that they're opening an ffc (fibromyalgia and fatigue center) in boston if you're inclined to spend that kind of money.

eddie
  8. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Are those any good? Everytime I google something on FM, those show up in the advertising section. Usually those that advertise arent as good. Im not saying that they arent, but I have never heard of them before.

Do they not accept health insurance?