Any good FM Doctors in Western Kentucky

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by noenergy, Feb 12, 2006.

1. noenergy

noenergy New Member

Hi,

Does anyone know of any good doctors in the western part of Kentucky that treat FM and believe it to be a illness that is not just all in your mind.

The doctor I was seeing just the same as told me, she didn't believe in Fibromyalgia as being a true illness that required any pain meds or any other medications to help with the pain, fatigue or brain fog.

I despartly need a new doctor....please let me know if you know of a good one in my area.
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

sorry to say I don't know of any! if you run a search, I think they're north and east of us. my primary ran all the tests, didn't come up with anything and doesn't give meds either. best I could get was a muscle relaxer, very restricted lorazepam for IBS, and a referral to rheumy. He prescribed tramadol until he felt the dose was too high (2 every 4 hours). I then was sent to pain management where thankfully they were able to help. I was given lortab, flexeril, and upped dosage of amitriptylene for sleep. currently undergoing injections but they're not really helping so don't see that continuing. 6 month checkup from rheumy he pretty much told me FM is a deconditioning and the more I forgot that I had it, the better I would get!!! as you can see, most help I've had has been controlling the pain instead of the disease. please let me know if you do find a doc around us!!!