Any good lawyers....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LuvQuilting, Apr 9, 2007.

1. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

in Columbus Ohio? I just got my second notice yesterday that I was turned again for SS benefits. Now I guess I need to find a lawyer within 60 days for a hearing. I'm so tired of this, it's tempting just to give up.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I will bump this back to the top and hopefully someone will know a lawyer to recommend.

I know how it feels to just want to give it all up, but we really can't, can we? Sigh.

If this fails to find a referral, why don't you try the phone book or a lawyer referral service? If you are older, possibly a Senior Resource Center may have some info...

Best wishes to you in getting this completed. Hang in there.

Sue
  3. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I'm already doing some research on line to see if I can find anyone but I was really hoping someone could refer one. I'll be 48 on the 15th so I'll keep looking and call some attorneys.
  4. ask2266

ask2266 Member

It is a RULE that SSA will turn you down until you get to the ALJ hearing. Trust me, I'm a lawyer. I know. I'd look for an attorney at a legal aid or disability pro-bono clinic-- they are usually pretty smart. If you just pull someone out of thin air, there are alot of bad attorneys that practice in social security.
  5. Didoe

Didoe New Member

you can add immigration and matrimonial to the list
    It says something about the condition of the legal profession when lawyers have to qualify themselves as 'good/honest' or not.

6. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

Oh please do not give up, thats just what they hope you do!
    Keep on going, and dont stop ! :)
  7. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I wish they gave you more time since 60 days doesn't seem long enough to find someone and gather all the data.
  8. momblue

momblue New Member

Have never heard of a 'good lawyer', but I sure hope you can find one!
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

"Disability" in purple above. Scott Davis handles cases all over the USA.

10. mezombie

mezombie Member

The National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, or NOSSCR, has a lawyer referral service.

Here's what I found on their website: (www.nosscr.org):

NOSSCR Lawyer Referral Service

For help in finding attorney representation, contact our lawyer referral service during Eastern business hours:
    1-800-431-2804

Note: NOSSCR members also include many skilled paralegals who specialize in Social Security claims and appeals. However, due to insurance and state bar rules, our referral service is limited to members in your area who are attorneys at law.

11. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I appreciate the suggestions!
  12. mezombie

mezombie Member

To something like "Any good SSDI lawyers in Columbus, Ohio?

That way someone in Columbus may respond. A lot of people with limited energy may skip over your currently titled post because it's too vague.

Just an idea.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/12/2007]
  13. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

Thanks, I was able to use the suggestions and find one through the referral service suggested. Plus, I have an email out to my FM support group here in town so that should help. I do have an appoint. with one on Tues. so we'll see what happens.
  14. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi,
    I was watching a news show on CFS and they mentioned a woman named, Anne Lang, who is a paralegal. She is wonderful.

She is actually from Rochester, NY and she will travel to do your case or else she may be able to refer you to someone in your area.

Anne Lang - Freelance Paralegal Service - #877.883.9443.

Hope this helps. I have my first court date in June. Stessful...but she really relieves my stress as she is taking care of everything.

Keep Hope Alive,
    Monkeykat

15. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi, Just bumping to make sure you got my post:)