Any Good Results with Armour Thyroid?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JP, Nov 24, 2002.

1. JP

JP New Member

Has anyone had good results with Armour Thyroid hormone replacement? I have Hashimoto's and Wilson's. I am hoping to regulate my core temp and regulate my metabolism. I just changed from Synthroid today. My next labs will be in six weeks to test the results of the new hormone.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
    JP
  2. JP

JP New Member

Has anyone had good results with Armour Thyroid hormone replacement? I have Hashimoto's and Wilson's. I am hoping to regulate my core temp and regulate my metabolism. I just changed from Synthroid today. My next labs will be in six weeks to test the results of the new hormone.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
    JP
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That the Armour thyroid works better for those who cannot convert the, is it T4 to T3 or the other way around?

Even though my TSH was in the normal range, my doc prescribed 25 mcgs. of Synthroid. It has helped me to feel better and improved my already normal-range TSH results.

Hopefully, someone will come along with experience with the Armour and can give you some feedback.

Love, Mikie
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

PCP about this the other day for my husband and myself who both suffer with abnormal thyroid test results. My husband has Graves Diesease and had RAI therapy when he was in a "thyroid storm" and nearly died. I have a slightly high TSH and have had for about 12 years. I take a very small amount of Levoxyl (0.025 mg.) and my husband takes a very large dose of Levoxyl (with little results.)
    My doctor said he has used it for a few patients, but finds that it "isn't as reliable as most people think it is." End of discussion.
    Oh well.....

Kady
  5. kalynn1

kalynn1 New Member

I take Armourthyroid for hypothyroidism. I used to be on Synthroid (T4) and found out I was deficient in T3 too. My doctor switched me to Armourthyroid because he says it has both T3 and T4. My blood tests were normal as far as thyroid levels after 6 months on Armour. It's hard to tell the difference in the way I feel because I have multiple illnesses that make me feel bad at times. I haven't had any adverse reactions to Armourthyroid and I like the convenience of only taking one pill instead of two for hypothyroidism. It's not much, but hope this helps some.
  6. joysarah

joysarah New Member

I have been taking armour for about 9 months or so. I used to take synthorid but I never felt good. My tsh and t3 was always off. I now feel better than I did on the synthorid. I feel better because it is compounded. I have just been diagnosed with fibro a couple of months ago. anyway to feel more comfortable go to About.com and go to thyroid. it is a real help.
    Cyea Joy