Any have a high CRP test,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sandyz, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I got my recent blood tests back from the FFC. A lot of things were looking normal, especially hormones. But my CRP test was very high 10.30. This indicates inflamation, possible heart disease or infections. My sed rate was also up from 23 to 42.

I go over the results with my doctor on Monday by phone so we will see what he thinks is causing this.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/01/2005]
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I got my CRP from the FCC and it was 24!!!!!!!!!

However, one that high can indicate chronic inflammation such as with arthritis or other things.

It also can be a huge predictor of heart inflammation. I am going to have a CRP test done which is cardiac specific.
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

My doctor told me that inflammation was the culprit with my high level of CRP. And the inflammation was from my joints.
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thanks for your reply. I have had trouble with inflamation for about 15 years. Some doctors say FM doesn`t cause inflamation, some say it does. My sed rate has been high most of this time too. I guess I need to get back on something to take the inflamation down, aspirin, ibroprophen or something stronger like predezone.
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

Mine has been between 25 and 15 for years. I have read that inflammation is a silent killer. My doc and rheumy both haven't given me anything of mentioned what to do. One doc said it could be due to my sinus infection. Now I am worried as I am getting so much worse so I have to find another doc, how I dread starting all over again.

My doc told me to take aspirin but I have read it doesn't solve the problem. Oh, my sed rate is not low but within normal limits according to my age but I think its on the high side can't remember what it was.

Hope you get some answers