Any have Ocular Hypertention or Glaucoma?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I was dxs this week with Ocular Hypertension. It is like having high blood pressure in your eyes.

I had never heard of this before and is can be a precurser to Glaucoma. It's cause is not fully understood, the eye is fluids and sometimes the channels that drain become blocked or narrow and the eye builds pressure inside then it damages the optic nerve causing glaucoma or blindness.

I was curious if anyone here has it or heard of it. I have been having a lot of eye pain, thought it was eye strain was from too much time on the computer.

I have a eye check up every six months for plaquinal and my pressure has increased on my last 2 visits. Anyone experience this- Thanks-Carla
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

yes....both my FIL and my DH had elevated eye pressures.

My FIL initially had it at least 10 years ago, was on medication but still having problems, so my DH found a supplement protocol that worked quite well. When he quit taking it, his eye pressures elevated again... and when he went back on the protocol, it reduced again. That finally convinced him to stay on it until he passed away 2 years ago.

My DH's eye pressures were also elevated about 3-4 years ago, but he never did take the rx'd med as he definitelly wanted to try the nutritional route first; he was also successful, and still is with it.

I know C was a major component, but I'll have to wait until my DH gets home to find out exactly what they did-- if you're interested.

Scary, I know!

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 12/02/2007]
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Victoria and Overwhelm- yes I would like more info. I have heard others talk about the quercertin sp? but overwhelm mentioned a few things I have never heard of.

My pressures went from 20 and 18 to 22 and 21 in the last six months and my eyes hurt so bad sometimes. Silly me didn't think to mention that to him at the time. Too many other things on my mind.

It wasn't until I got home that it hit me that is probably where the eye pain is from. I actually forgot to make a follow up appt and called the next day and told the nurse about the pain, she said if it continues to call and come back in. The pressures can vary as well she said.

Thanks for responding -Carla
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

As Overwhlm said, C is IT -

My DH said he took as much C as he could tolerate (ie, to bowel tolerance); so for him it was 8 Grams ; his Dad could only take 6 Grams. After maybe a month (he doesn't remember, sorry) he cut it down to 3 Grams, as did his Dad.

His Dad had been dx'd with glaucoma but was able to bring it within normal ranges using the C this way; my husband had readings of 21 in one eye and 23 in the other - after the vit C, his readings have remained around 12.

Hope that helps, and it works for you too!

all the best,