Any high strung individuals with CFIDS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MonteCar, Mar 6, 2003.

1. MonteCar

MonteCar New Member

Man there are so many of you on the list that I can't keep up with the messages:) I was just wanting to check in to see how many there are of you who are high strung with energy and full of love who have the symptoms of CFIDS too. I myself love so many things but its a challenge also tackling CFIDS too. I find ways to bypass it is there anyone else is the same boat.

Thanks,

Kurt
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

It`s not me though, it`s my daughter 18,

I often wondered if being this way was the initial cause of her CFS, she has Mycoplasma infection.

Sorry to be a short reply, it`s 1.30 in the morning and i`m trying desperately go get off here & to bed, it`s addictive.

Pat.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I'm not sure from your post if you mean "high strung" the way most people mean it....ie. that the person is very sensitive to everything. If you do, then I can tell you that virtually 100% of Fibro patients are high strung...I don't know about CFS.
    In 10 yrs. of running an FMS support group and 4 yrs. of running a call-in help line, I never yet met an FMS patient who was not super sensitive. I believe this is due to the dysregulation of our autonomic nervous systems, so that our sympathetic nervous system becomes dominant, and we are more easily aroused, excited or upset by things. This is the part that causes "fight or flight" feelings.
    The parasympathetic side of the nervous system is underactive, resulting in an inability to calm yourself once you are aroused. If you want to know more about this, do a websearch on "dysautonomia".
    If you were talking about something entirely different, just ignore me, and have a good night,
    Klutzo