Any hope for SSDI?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rushing, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Rushing

Rushing New Member

I'm just reading thru some of the posts here and I'm seeing a lot of negative things about people applying for SSDI. Is there really any hope of getting this done, or am I wasting my time? My doctors office seems to be run by 5th grade educated people at best, and I'm worried about that being a problem in this situation. Aren't there any good stories out there about getting benefits? Is there anything at all to look forward to, or should I save myself the stress?
    Krystal
  2. shazz

shazz New Member

But you about gotta try it. I started with an attorney, I wouldn't be able to handle it on my own at all.
    One good thing about them is, they know all the docs in town to steer clear of, and who will most likely be helpful to your case as they work with this all the time.
    I only applied in July, right after giving up my job, I didn't wait at all. I have heard nothing yet but got alot of stuff in the mail to fill out and send back to them.
    I was told to prepare for at least 18 months with NO income at all, so that is another consideration. But I could not have kept working any longer than I did. I stayed as long as I could and I miss it, but think I would have run myself right into an early grave had I tried any longer.

Best of luck to you!!

Shazz