Any idea what this could be?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen55, Jan 22, 2003.

1. karen55

karen55 New Member

I've been feeling pretty crappy today. I worked anyway. This afternoon, while at my computer, I suddenly felt like I was going to pass out - dizzy, everything goes black, etc., so I put my head down and it passed for the most part. I felt a little shaky and weak, but figured I was OK. Then I got this weird feeling on one side of my head, not really a headache, but it felt like something cold was under the skin sort of, and within 30-40 minutes this strange feeling moved around to the back of my head. I felt sort of nauseous too. I told my boss I was leaving and I came home. The nausea is gone but the left side of my head still feels weird. Any ideas??
  2. amaryllis

amaryllis New Member

"not really a headache..." my guess would have been a killer migraine was coming on. Gosh, sweetie, I have no idea what it could be, but I hope you feel better soon. Can you call your doctor and describe how you are feeling? Maybe he/she or a nurse will be able to help you out.

Take care and feel better soon.

~A
  3. karen55

karen55 New Member

too, even though it didn't really hurt. Almost all of the migraines I've ever had started with that thing with the eyes, and then intense pain on one side of my head. This was something completely different from anything I've ever felt. My doc's office was closed when I got home. It was actually kinda creepy and scary, I think I had scared myself by thinking something was going wrong inside my head. I still don't know what it was/is. My head doesn't feel completely "normal", but that creeping, cold sensation is gone. Guess I overreacted, huh?
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

When you said "shaky and weak" I thought maybe it could be low blood sugar. When I get a hypoglycemic attack, I get shaky and weak, and dizzy too. I eat some protein and it gets better. But I would definitely call you doctor. Let him/her know what happened - you should be checked out. Good luck!

Annette2 :)
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Do give your doctor a call. If you are taking meds, that is a possible cause, or you could be coming down with one of the many bugs going around right now too.

But be on the safe side, call you doctor.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. karen55

karen55 New Member

I think you are right, I'm coming down with something. I've got a stuffy head, my chest hurts, and I had to use my rescue inhaler for asthma twice last night for the first time in I don't know when. I doubled up my Vitamin C and slept for about 10 hours. Don't feel great by any means, but do feel better than I did last night. Like I said, guess I overreacted.

[ advertisement ]