Any idea when former posts are going to be sorted?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leaknits, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi,

I mean sorted as in "date of initial appearance."

It's maddening and I'm sure is also the reason many people who were here regularly before the ME/CFS/FMS board was torn up and cobbled back to gether are totally gone now or only appear here when they are sure they won't go insane due to trying to locate a former post, either from themselves or someone else.

I just now tried to dig out one of my own posts. I can't find it. This is NOT good.

Lea.
    p.s. Did there not used to be a "Click Here To Notify Me If Anyone Responds To This Post?" I just now noticed that's gone....and now, I am gone as well. Seeya. Maybe. Maybe not.
  2. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Hey Lea, I believe you have to go into you profile, and select yes where it says "e-mail". I hope I explained this right.

LYNN
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Under the blue box where it says Select A Board, there is a gold button that says View My Profile, click on this. Next click on the word "Posts (and the number)" under your name. Next, select the Fibro board again. Your messages will all be there.

I agree that it is extremely difficult to get around in here and I'm very frustrated with it. I really hate that it keeps timing me out too. It seems to be designed to keep people from posting or finding anything. The old board was so much better.

I think the people who say this is no big deal do not suffer from major cognitive dysfunction like those of us with ME usually do.

[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2009]
  4. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi, Lynn:

Hey thank you for trying. I went to "my profile," looked for "email." The only reference to email I could find is "update email."
    Not quite the same thing and no no no I am not saying this glitch is your fault.
    Here's a copy of something I never noticed before:
    To start your Tag Cloud, click on the tag icon when viewing your Favorites.

What in the world is that and what does it mean? I know I am brainfogged but I've no idea what a Tag Cloud is, that we were required to select Favorites, and what, please, is a tag icon??

I actually did succeed in finding a few of my posts but NOTHING has to be this difficult.

I surely do miss the former board and still have no idea why these convoluted changes were deemed necessary.

Lea.
  5. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi,

Uh excuse me, but "timing out?" What? We are allowed only a certain amount of time to be here at the wrecked boards?

Fine. Someone else may have MY minutes or seconds or whatever as soon as I finish responding to the kind people who tried their best to help me.

Lea.
  6. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi,

You were able to find that I've elected to receive email notices? There aren't any in my mailbox and I cannot see (more than likely I'm not looking behind the correct word or in the correct corner or something) any place that such election was written.

But I certainly do appreciate your input.

Lea.
  7. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

LOL- "Someone else may have MY minutes or seconds or whatever as soon as I finish responding to the kind people who tried their best to help me."~ Lea

I find that I get logged out if I go off and read other things like links from here etc... when I come back, I'm logged out and have to go through the whole rigamorale to get back in and then try to find the post I was on and if I was in the middle of posting, I save what I wrote and then have to log back on, find where I was and paste it back into my message. PITA.

I yield back the remainder of my time to the gentlelady on the CFS message board. ;)

[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2009]
  8. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi,

I tried several times before just now to send a reply to your kind attempt to help me.

The most recent try before this one got me the scolding advisory "You must be logged in to do that!"

I WAS LOGGED IN. I know because when I looked at the Log In/Log Out section of this mangled board I saw the words "Log Out."
    Doesn't that still mean I was logged in?

So now I am apparently doubly logged in and I hope that's good enough.

I cannot find any such words behind the "View My Profile" that say "About Me." I guess I need NEW new glasses; the opthalmologist fixed these up for me a little over a month ago and glasses usually work for me for at least a year...and I still can't locate "Yes to email."

Thank you Jean and everyone else for trying to help the Mind-muddled me.

Lea.

[This Message was Edited on 06/24/2009]
  9. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

"I WAS LOGGED IN. I know because when I looked at the Log In/Log Out section of this mangled board I saw the words "Log Out."
    Doesn't that still mean I was logged in?" ~ Lea

That's what I was talking about. It does that to me all the time. There's definitely some bugs here that need to be worked out.

I have to log in again when that happens.

I yield back the remainder of my time.... lol
  10. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi,

Yes indeedy, there "are some bugs here that need to be worked out."

At this point, long after the board was mangled, it seems to me that the bugs should have been long-ago exterminated.

And not to hijack your reply but I have another thing to B**** about: the "Remember me on this computer" blurb below the LogIn windows.

What's the point of having it there or our clicking on either Yes or No (wait. Who wouldn't want to be remembered?) since it appears to have no function?

Possibly a few seconds of Time In left...back to you my friend.

Lea.
  11. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Hi!
    I had some really bad issues when the switch happened that had to be corrected over the phone...it took two phone calls and the problem was solved.

If you can't see your profile/posts, and if you are supposed to receive emails to notify you and don't, contact them via email or call them to find out if there is something else going on w/ your particular account. They were most helpful with me. In my case I had someone else's email under my username and yet someone else's posts under my profile...it was rare but it did happen to me!

SJ
  12. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi,

I congratulate you largely on being able to make a couple phone calls and get your issues w/ProHealth Boards resolved.

I also want to thank you for your advice.

The longer this chain gets the more confusion it seems to be causing: I don't recall saying I couldn't see my profile.
    I don't have a profile.

Thanks to those who understand the new board I was finally able to locate my posts.

I still cannot locate any words behind "My Profile" which allow me to select for receiving notifications that a post I wrote has been answered.

This is NOT the fault of those kind people who tried to help me. The fault is entirely mine.

Oddly enough, now I am receiving notifications in email that a post has gotten a response....and I didn't do anything to make that happen. So, for whatever reason I'm now being notified, I am grateful.

Thank goodness I am not having to deal with what happened to you!! By now I'd be tearing out my hair, lol.

Again thank you for your help.

Lea.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2009]