any ideas for best bedding?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by luigi21, Dec 19, 2012.

1. luigi21

luigi21 Member

hi, i have fibromyalgia, but i also have ulticara, eczema and asthma. Anyhow, i'd like some ideas for bedding. ive tried the duvets, most seem to be made of polyester and even the 4 tog make me hot. are blankets better, and if so what material.

be grateful for some suggestions

cheers
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    I would suggest organic cotton, silk or wool. Cost a little bit, but those are natural fibers and they use only natural plant dyes so body doesn't react to the dyes. Natural fibers wickaway perspiation. This is a case of you get what you pay for.

Hope you find what works for you.
    Take care,
    kbak
  3. tig519

tig519 Member

I've have been sensitive to artificial fabrics and down since I was a kid. I stick with cotton sheets- over 400 thread count, preferably 600. Costco has some good sets at a good price. Same with blankets- I buy the cotton woven ones. During winter I use more than one.
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

plastic bags that blankets come in can cause a horrible smell. I always have to take anything like that outside in the garage to air out. And, then plan to wash them a couple of times. I no longer use fabric softner but I use a cup of white vinegar in the rinse water and that helps to take out any weird smells.