Any ideas for easy, filling gluten-free lunches? rop

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Apr 23, 2009.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I don't know how to make stick so soup is probably out for me! LOL I'm so useless at cooking at haven't the energy to do complicated stuff... Thanks! :)
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Hi Shelbo

Meats and fats are both filling so I eat a lot of lettuce wraps with salmon salad, made like you would tuna salad, or hamburgers, etc. If you an egg allergy, vegenaise made with Grapeseed oil, it's a good mayo alternative too. Or you can just use EVOO ...

I just finished eating a sandwich made from flax cracker/bread + guacomole (avocado, garlic, lemon, parsley, salt) + hamburger patty ... yum ... I made the flax bread myself. It's a piece of cake with a dehydrator.

There are a ton of recipes on the web if you google recipe whatever. Marcia
  3. panthere

panthere Member

I usually get those roasted chickens at whole foods and have a piece of that with some tomatoes, avocados or other veggies.
  4. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

I cook a large pot of brown rice several times a week. Pair it with whatever leftover proteins you have around, + a little veg or fruit & you've got lunch.

If you like GF bread, you could go the traditional sandwich route. There are also some commercial wraps available.

If eggs are on your go list, an omellette is nice at lunchtime.

Best wishes.
  5. sascha

sascha Member

you don't cook much, but gf pasta is easy, and you can buy prepared sauces. i found brown rice tortillas that i LOVE- can fire one up in the micro-wave and put filling in to make a wrap. one good filling is prepared chicken salad that i buy at Trader Joe's. wow, it's good. it's also great wrapped around scrambled egg.

there are lots of breads available, and crackers that are gf. i hope you will find it's fun to experiment and find new things that you like. i don't miss wheat at all. good luck- sascha *in fact, i see bakery things in showcases and think- UGH- i know it would make me feel bad, and that there are plenty of substitutes