any ideas would be great

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by honey, Aug 17, 2002.

1. honey

honey New Member

Hi ya

My 11mth nearly the big 1(in another 2 weeks) daughter has had tonsillitis 3 times in 4 weeks. Poor wee thing has been really sick and of course has been taking antibiotic's for it. I know antibiotics are not good for her all the time so am wondering if any one knows what i can do to help her kick this in the butt. She hasn't eaten solids properly for a good couple of months so she has been feeding off me a lot more, her weight is Ok, in fact the plunket nurse said that she could loss a bit more as she is a chubby wee thing......lol...I'm a good cow what can I say....LOL...so I just have to keep an eye on her . I have to take my baby back to the doctor next week to see if this last lot of antibiotic's have worked. Fingers crossed its gone. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Luv
    Lyn
  2. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

Are you asking what you can do for you to boost her immune?
    Are you asking what to do for the baby?

Jackie F
  3. honey

honey New Member

but please forgive me it was late at night and I haven't had much sleep for months now....so I guess I should have waited until morn.....lol
    Anything really suggestions about boosting her immune system or just how to cope with the lack of sleep that goes with a sick wee angel. I am SO TIRED.
    I think she now has thrush too so I'll be off to the doctor for that, I'm going to move right in there (doctors) soon as we do spend a lot of time there at the moment.
    Any way thanks for telling me about my confusing HELP post.......LOL

Wishing you pain free days
    and lots of warm sun shine or rain if you need it.

Luv
    Lyn
  4. honey

honey New Member

she has the start of glue ear and she is not a happy girl.
    Doctor said that since she has been on antibiotic's for the last month that she should finish off what she has left, which is a couple of days and then see what happens with her ear. If she gets a temp to take her back if not have to take her back on the 30th (her 1st b*day) so it can be checked. So we are no closer in getting her well......sigh.
    I'll keep you updated on how things are going.

Wishing you pain free days
    loads of warm sun and rain if needed

luv
    Lyn
  5. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

Anytime anyone is put on antibiotics they should start eating yogurt. There are a few that you can't eat any dairy while on them. BUT they should be followed by a few weeks or months, if necessary, of yogurt!

It puts back in our gut the healthy bacteria that we must have to be healthy. Without it, we will develope all kinds of health problems.
    You too should be eating some since she is nursing.

Of course you & the whole family should be eating a minimum of 5 servings per day of each--fresh fruit & veggies. These have been proven to help greatly prevent many forms of cancer and helps prevent many diseases and colds as well.

We are really are what we eat. If we eat poorly we will be sick, a lot. Of course, diet isn't always the whole picture, but a very important part of it.

BTW, If you make sure that anytime she drinks milk or eats any dairy; that she follow it with water, that will help cut down greatly on what thrush feeds on.

Best wishes to you and the little one!

Jackie F
  6. honey

honey New Member

thank you so much for your advice Jackie. The yoghurt is a great idea but its hard getting it into her at the moment as she is not eating, but I'll keep trying I know there must be an end to all this there has to be.
    any way just wanted to say thnak you

wishing you pain free days
    Luv
    Lyn