Any information please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deniset524, Oct 9, 2002.

1. deniset524

deniset524 New Member

I am new to this list - and am feeling as though my life is crumbling before my eyes! I have been suffering progressively for the past 2 years, and finally have a diagnosis of Fibromylagia...in addition I have restless leg syndrome and interstitial cystitis (SP?)...I am 42 years old and working as an Assistant Principal at a Middle School...my family is supportive, but I think because I "look" okay that I can't be too sick...I am on Percoset because every other med has not worked, esp for my restless legs...I sleep 8+ hours a night, more on the weekends, and wake up feeling like I was hit by a truck...does anyone have anything that has given them some relief? Does anyone know of a good Dr in the denver/colorado springs area? I am desperate...and would appreciate info if you have it!

Thanks,

Denise
  2. deniset524

deniset524 New Member

I am new to this list - and am feeling as though my life is crumbling before my eyes! I have been suffering progressively for the past 2 years, and finally have a diagnosis of Fibromylagia...in addition I have restless leg syndrome and interstitial cystitis (SP?)...I am 42 years old and working as an Assistant Principal at a Middle School...my family is supportive, but I think because I "look" okay that I can't be too sick...I am on Percoset because every other med has not worked, esp for my restless legs...I sleep 8+ hours a night, more on the weekends, and wake up feeling like I was hit by a truck...does anyone have anything that has given them some relief? Does anyone know of a good Dr in the denver/colorado springs area? I am desperate...and would appreciate info if you have it!

Thanks,

Denise
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

welcome to the board. you will find lots of information and support here. the waking up feeling like you were hit by a truck must be a fms gene! we all say it (i swore i had never heard the phrase before when i told my doctor, he must have dx'd me on the spot with fms)

hope you find a great doctor who will work with you. i am sure there will be some people from your area on board soon.

keep reading and you will learn a lot plus it is nice to be able to relate to others going through the same thing (when we thought we were the only ones) and you get lots of respect here!

warm regards, fibolady
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

when i got realy bad i took oxycotin its time realsed you take it 2 times a day because it last threw the night it will help with that hit by a truck feeling in the am good luck on finding a dr just make sure its someone you can talk to.
    kara
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I am really confused after the recent researchers looking at sleep and the effect of delta-level sleep disturbance was a probably cause or trigger to set off what ultimately becomes FMS.

Last night I read that "researchers" (did not take note of what researchers, so validity is questionable) now believed petit mal seizure activity contributes to not staying in stage 4 sleep, the restorative phase of sleep! Not only that but for those of use with serious mega-short term memory deficits, it also accounts for that.

I have taken a level dose of neurotin for three years; the plan was to increase that considerably but finances put the fcabash on that; well, now I do not have a doc specializing in this disorder so we have left the neurotin level and I have no trouble going to sleep or staying there...but I don't know if I am receiving the delta, stage 4, sleep so necessary to wellness.

I have a consultation w/my doc tomorrow concerning some other serious concerns and hope to have an opportunity to check this out further; ditto with my psychiatrist.

Keep digging and you'll find some possibles! CactusLil'
  6. majic

majic New Member

i have tried a lot of things in the last two years. i have fibro 45 years old and the best thing that i have found for me is ZMA. i sleep at night. i wake up feeling rested in the morning. i feel good during the day. i work 40 hours a week. i'm not taking pain meds or muscle relaxers. i have my ibs under controll for now. all of this has taken place since i started the ZMA 3 months ago. it works for me. the only other thing i can say is welcome to the world of fibro.everyone of us are diffrent. what works today may not work tuesday. the key is to fight what ever comes up. you have to find the best way for you to handle the fibro. don't give up and research everything. welcome to the board. majic
  7. deniset524

deniset524 New Member

What is ZMA and how is it taken? I am currently on percoset twice a day...still working, and have no side affects from taking it...but I would prefer not to rely on it...I'm at the point now where I set my alarm a half hour before I get up, take my meds, then go back to sleep...I still feel horrible when I wake up...
  8. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi Denise--This site has a "Good Doctor List"....it's a great resource. I found my Doctor on it--and he's wonderful!
    If there isn't a Doctor listed in your area, try calling or visiting one of the Support Groups, for a recommendation from them. The truck you are talking about, visits my house nightly, too! Just wanted to welcome you--this is a great place.
    Best Wishes,
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2002]
  9. jami117

jami117 New Member

Hi Denise, If you can't find someone close to you, try further South. There's a doctor who's excellent in working with FMS and CFS who works in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Her name is Dr. Shirley Scott. Re sleep, my choice is Ambien. It sometimes allows deep sleep, which is lovely. Mornings are still difficult, but there's no Ambien "hangover." Best Wishes, Jami