Any James McAvoy Fans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GigglePoet, Mar 5, 2008.

1. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Omg!!! I am sunk...any James McAvoy fans???? if you are into. Period movies Romance unrequited love check this movie out.
    " Becoming Jane"
    Wow...watching him is such good medicine for me. I am 47 and never ever have had a heart throb and am married to high school sweetheart. But I tell ya..I am smitten

2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

He's Scottish like me - I watched Becoming Jane a few weeks back, it was excellent.

I love period dramas. I just watched Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thomson for the third time on Sunday.

He's a wonderful wee actor and quite handsome in his own way.

He and his wife live a very un-starry life - they have an old car, live in an apartment in an 'ordinary' area in London. Very down to earth.

I love period dramas, just watched Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thomson for the third time on Sunday. BBC did a drama off it a few months back and it was excellent too.

I am currently watching Larkrise to Candleford, another period drama serial, if it ever comes your way, make sure you watch it.

3. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

HI Rosie,
    So glad to see your post and info. Goodness..this young man is just showing up in every movie. We just went to the theater and watched Penelope and Wow..he was so good in it! In this picture he use's American accent. Amazing how they can do this. I can't wait to see hime in Wanted. It looks so good! and understand he will play Curt Cobain in an up coming movie. I also saw him in Atonement. I have become a fast junkie. Loved your info on how he and wife are living an ordinary life. So sweet! It won't be this way for long with the roles he is getting. He is going to be a major lead actor. Love, Love,Love his expressions and that he likes to play charectors that have inner conflict.

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

James comes from a very working class back ground and he's kept himself grounded which is always nice to see. I hope he doesn't let it all go to his head.

I haven't seen Atonement yet or Penelope, will see them when they come out on DVD.

His wife is an actress too, Anne Marie Duff, she's very good, she played Elizabeth 1 of England and was excellent.

I enjoyed that film about Jane Austin but wonder how much was true, she did know him, she never married and he did call his daughter Jane but whether there was a big love affair, who knows.

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

that was a powerful film.

I remember Amin - a lot of Asian refugees came over to UK from Uganda then, around 74 - he got rid of the people who kept his country afloat, the business people.

I just saw him in Antonement and he was brilliant in that though I didnt like the end and I dont like Keira Knightley.