Any Joseph Brewer patients?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Jun 17, 2006.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

HI
    Just wondering if we have any Dr. Brewer patients on the board?

If so, can you tell me what protocol he is using these days ... particularly for the treatment of CMV??

Tnx
    Delia
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Go to search box at (near) top of this page.

Type in Joseph Brewer snf leave Title and content in next box and click GO.

You will find info this way......Good Luck.......Susan
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I did that...and wouldn't you know it .. but one of his patients got booted off the board and someone deleted all her posts?

WHY do they do that>? It's so infuriating, and all that information is lost.

They ...the moderators, I assume... did the same thing with Ralph and he had made some very valuable contributions....and then boom, they're lost to everyone.

I don't get it. As for the others, a search under their names turned up nothing. I guess the posts are just too old?

sigh
    Delia
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My docs and I did follow his protocol and it has helped me a great deal. Mine was a little different because by the time I discovered him, I had already been on the Doxycycline and Famvir. I did do his Heparin and Transfer Factor protocol.

Have you contacted his office? Sometimes, they will send out a packet with info on the treatment.

Love, Mikie
  6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I'm on a waiting list to see him. No one mentioned the info packet, so I will call them back.

Do you know if he uses valganciclovir?

The paper on his website is six years old and it only addresses HHV6 infection.

I hope to god I don't have that one. My one PCR test said I didn't but Annyx posted that PCR tests can give false negatives, ....so it might be worth repeating at some point.

Do you know if that's the case, by the way? The false negative stuff..

Cheers
    Delia
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't know whether he uses that AV or not. You could certainly take that article with you and discuss it with him when you do see him.

Yes, PCR DNA tests are infamous for false neg. results and any tests which come back neg. should be repeated. That is one reason my docs and I treated empirically. It's cheaper and easier.

The Transfer Factor System 200 sold here, but under a different name now, targets both strains of HHV-6. This Herpes-Family Virus is rampant among us and it is very virulent, making us feel horrible. It is the HHV-6 and not HIV which causes AIDS patients to feel so sick. It is also very resistant to most treatment. I had a very unusual Herx twice ofter taking the TF 200 and I have to wonder whether it was because it was attacking the HHV-6.

Good luck in getting in to see Dr. Brewer. From what I have read, he sounds like a good doc. His protocol certainly helped me. Before Sujay switched to the Marshall Protocol, she was having good luck with the Brewer Protocol. I consider the Marshall Protocol risky and decided against it. I'm having good success with what I've been doing. It's just that it takes forever. Still, progress is progress.

Love, Mikie