Any ladies-----Everyday menstrual cramps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMayastigi, May 30, 2003.

1. FMayastigi

FMayastigi New Member

I have been having what feels like sharp menstrual cramps every day. I have been checked for cycsts and they said there are none. Has anyone had this problem? If you have, has anyone been given a reason and treatment.

Thanks for all your help.

Blessings
    Tammy
  2. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

I am a strong believer that pain is never normal, not even menstrual cramps which is something that women are said to have to suffer through because it's their curse in life. Wish I could help offer some suggestions as to why you feel the way you do. All I can do is encourage you to continue to talk to your doctors and seek answers. Don't necessarily assume that regular monthly pain is normal. I always suffered very badly from monthy pain and now I am in surgical menopause after developing end stage endometriosis. I grew up being told menstrual pain was something women had to suffer. If I could do it over knowing what I know now I would take a much more aggressive approach. I think that even from the very start I may have had hormone imbalances and untreated candida which contributed to my pain and led to where I am now. The cramps where a warning of sorts that my body was out of whack. Any number of things could cause pain as you describe, not just that time of the month. I pray you'll find some answers soon.
  3. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

I went through a period of about 6 months with constant cramps, sometimes sharp, sometimes nagging. My GYN never did find anything, but gave me Bentyl which seemed to help slightly.

Looking back at my gyn records, he said that all tests were normal with the exception of small follicular cysts on my right ovary (huh?!) and that the etiology of my pain was unknown and that he was going to try Bentyl in case it was some type of irritable bowel syndrome.

As with so many of the strange symptoms I've experienced, this one went away about as mysteriously as it came. This was when I was first being DX's with fibro and was pretty clueless. But, I think you should most definitely get a thourough check and maybe with more than one doc if this persists. Best wishes,
    Hayley
  4. herekitty

herekitty New Member

I was told that my pain was probably due to a large fibroid pressing on a nerve.
    Kitty =^..^=
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Tammy

I too have period cramps all the time. Had ultrasound done no cysts etc. My GP thinks its been made worse by drop in eostrogen, I'm now perimenopausal.

Cheers

Tansy