ANY LAST MINUTE IDEAS FOR MOTHER'S DAY GIFTS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrsjethro, May 6, 2006.

1. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Just wondering if anyone has any unique suggestions. My mother is also my best friend and I try to get her something that will be very special to her every year. I'm having a difficult time thinking of anything appropriate this year though, and it's getting later by the minute. Good old fibrofog. I'm not sure that there's still a connection from my brain any more.... Anyone have any really good ideas? She's retired, 63, lives on a cattle farm, loves decorating the house and cooking, church, and spending time with the family. She has just about everything and I'm out of good ideas. Maybe list something you would want for yourself from your children? Thanks!!
  2. Jordane

Jordane New Member

How about an angel.There are Saras angels,The Willow Tree
    Angels.

There are angels,glass ones ,that hang on the window,
    mirror.

They make a great gift. I got one that hangs up.Has two little hearts in her hand that say, LOVE, Always!
    This is for my daughter. My mom passed away years ago.

Of course I am partial to Angels. I collect them!

Hope this helps!
    hugs
    Jordane
  3. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I make my mother in law every year a big container full of all kinds of flowers that she sets on her porch. She calles it her garden flowers. I get the types that she can cut and put in her house.

I get statice, straw flowers, dusty miller, wave petunia,
    zinia, begonia, marigolds, salvia, and more........

wildflowers2
  4. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

If any of my kids gave me this I would think it was one of the best gifts I have ever gotten. What a wonderful idea!

Jana
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I plan to have my husband take a picture of me and my twin daughters (he doesn't need to be in the picture, LOL!). Then frame and send to my mom. She has Alzheimer's and lives in a very small group home. I haven't seen her in three years, so I think she would love a picture.

For myself, I've told my husband to get me a birdbath (I have to tell him what to get since he's fairly clueless). I love watching the birds at our birdfeeders, so I know I'll love watching them at a birdbath.

Last year I had him get me a lilac bush. He planted it, of course. I really like it.
  6. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

thanks so much for your input. Those are things that are very personal and touching. I've got several ideas from you...now if I can just concentrate long enough to narrow it down to one....
    Thanks
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

Maybe a massage,pedicure,manicure, or a facial. Maybe you could book one the same day and time and enjoy it with her.
    Any of these are usually winners.

Kriket
  8. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

How about giving us an update on what you ended up doing for Mother's Day? Hope it was good.
  9. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

All of the ideas sounded wonderful, but she's not the type that would have ever used the journal or the massage, pedicure, etc... That's one of the very few areas we differ in. My husband and I had our picture made and bought her a beautiful silver frame and gave her that, also an arrangement of flowers that match the colors in her home in an adorbable birdhouse. She had just recently started collecting birdhouses for her screened in back porch. Also a friend and I have just started a small hand poured candle business and we had poured some really nice soy blend container candles. I took her three of the best smelling scents and let her pick her favorite. Thanks for asking and thanks again for all the wonderful ideas!! I know who to ask next time I have a hard time deciding what to get someone....
  10. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Sounds like your Mom had a lovely Mother's Day. You are a good daughter!