Any lawyers or paralegals here? I need advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Feb 14, 2007.

  1. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    If any of you here are a lawyer, paralegal,or know of someone who is please let me know.....I need some serious direction here!

    I have posted about the mold issues and my extremely poor health as a result of being exposed to it for almost THREE years!

    I need someone to help me with filing a claim .......even if you know of someone please let me know !:)

    Thank you so much for your help!
  2. u34rb

    u34rb New Member


    I have studied law in Scotland so I can’t comment on the US system. Here the kind of claim you are talking about comes under 'personal injury', and there are strict time limits involved.

    So, as this problem has been going on for several years, the sooner you act the better. Also, if you have known about the problem and haven't acted before it could be suggested that you have allowed yourself to suffer and even made it worse as a result. This is a pessimistic view and reflects the doctrine that losses have to be minimised.

    Aren't there any neighbourhood law centres where you can get advice if you don't have the money to hire a lawyer?
  3. u34rb

    u34rb New Member


    We don't know if doxy is up against "the system", it may be a small time landlord or employer instead. We just don't have enough information.

    Doxy, I would expect that you have access to a 'small claims court'. Maybe you could start there, if you know what you want to ask for in terms of court orders and payment of damages, etc. Such a court could recommend advice centres. Remember to minimise your losses, keep a detailed record of events (and details of witnesses), and keep copies of all correspondence.

[ advertisement ]