Any luck with Cymbalta?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoosesMom, Nov 3, 2005.

1. MoosesMom

MoosesMom New Member

Anyone have any experience with Cymbalta? My Dr. took me off my Lexapro (slowly) and then put me on 60mg Cymbalta. It is only day 4 but I am not in a flare so I feel pretty good. I have noticed that I feel very drugged and sleepy. Should I try taking it at night instead of the morning or maybe call the Dr. and ask for the 40mg instead.

Any insights??
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

started on 20,then 30,then 60 mgs...worked my up then back down to 20...

didn't notice any difference for the better.. sweating, sleepy or wired and can't sleep. and the constant jerking of shoulders and arms hands ect.. even the facial area. so i said forget it..

weight gain!

but everyone is different so you have to remember that.....

jodie

call you dr's and ask them your question, they will more than likely say take it at night...
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I have only been sleepy from it & I like it. My doctor said that it can take a few weeks to make you not so tired and I have gotten past that.

I did not noticed a weight gain at all.

Hope you find it works for you.

Kelly
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

I am glad you posted, because I just started (again) with the Cymbalta and have noticed that I am really DRAGGING through the day (AND I DON"T NEED THAT!)

Hopefully this tired (more than normal) feeling will go away soon???
  5. hob

hob New Member

I have been on cymbalta after not having luck on lexapro, welbutrin and many others. It really makes a difference in the severity of flare ups and they seem to be fewer than before. I take it with a muscle relaxer at night and wow does it help. I was off of it for almost a month due to a losing my insurance and I felt it. I guess what I am trying to say is that is makes the pain of daily things less harsh and does improve the depression because of it.
  6. dgail

dgail New Member

I was put on it about march and was on it until about Aug
    then shrink put me back on it (was at max 120 mg) then my new internist asked if it helped, I said some for pain, nothing for my depression---he said then get off it. That if something doesn't work 100% then off. In fact I am trying to get off several meds, except AD's

dgail
  7. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

8. JLH

JLH New Member

I changed from Prozac to Cymbalta. Glad I did. I love it!

It does help my fibro pain.

I started on 30 mg - for a few weeks, then went to 60 mg. Taking 60 mg in the morning made me too sleepy all day, so I now take one 30 mg capsule in the morning and one 30 mg capsule in the evening -- that eliminated my problem.

If you have 30 mg capsules, try it taking it like I do. If you have 60 mg capsules, you won't be able to unless your doc changes it on your next visit.

Hugs,
    Janet
  9. doria76

doria76 New Member

I have been using Cymbalta for about 7months and it has really decreased my stabbing, burning, joint tissue flares. Cymbalta has not helped at all with the chronic fatigue or muscle fatigue mostly just the Neuropic Pain but it is totaly worth it for me. The unfortunate side effects I have had are sweats and the price that sometimes causes me to miss a couple of doses then I start really withdrawing and having electrical sensations that pass all throughout my body and end in my tongue.

Dori