Any luck with Valtrex?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Nov 7, 2005.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I started a new treatment protocal with Valtrex -1 gram three times a day, olive leaf extract and TF 4000. Plus I am getting weekly antivrial IV treatments made from licorice root. Anyone have any luck with any of these I suffer from CFS with flu like symptoms that cycle every month.
  2. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

i am on valtrex 1 gram 2x a day and transfer factor along with it... but i am not sure what i should be noticing... cause currently i feel like poo.
  3. pamj

pamj New Member

I was on & off Valtrex for 3 years, and it definitely did a good job with my viral symptoms. I definitely felt a little worse at first, but then it seemed to keep everything at a level where I didn't feel like I had a bad flu.

The only problem is that I stayed the same the whole time without getting a lot better. My doc & I decided that I should try to be off it for a while, since it's not actually a cure & maybe I can find something else to help.

Maybe with the rest of the protocol you're on, it will give you the extra boost that you'll need. I think it's a good idea to try it. Sometimes I'm tempted to go back on, but I'd like to see what my other options are now.

Let us know how you're doing!

take care, Pam