Any males on this website??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by jprr99, Mar 23, 2008.

1. jprr99

jprr99 New Member

I am a 33 year old male with CFS. It seems to me, as far as I can tell, that the vast majority of the poeple who post on this website are female. I enjoy thie female input but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only guy on this site....Where are all the guys at?!?! :)
  2. erky

erky New Member

Yes i am a male with severe fibro,and it suc--.
  3. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I'm a 60 year old man with CFS. You can read more in my profile.
  4. Nimzovich76

Nimzovich76 New Member

31 yrs old 1.5 years with CFS
  5. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

I am 20, sick 3 years now...you will see my posts littered throughout the site I have been posting for 2 years now...I make more replies then topics though. But your not alone.
  6. aftermath

aftermath New Member

Also male and 33.

Was 90% percentile + for age on pretty much all physical fitness stuff (basically a gym rat) until this all began with a bad cold during my soph yr of college during a period when I was overextended.

The rest is [bad] history.
  7. wrthster

wrthster New Member

I am 38, have had this in some form since childhood and it really sucks to say the least
  8. Joshuaalpha

Joshuaalpha New Member

yah I am a 32 yr old male with fibro. It started when I was 23 just shortly after basic training in the military. started feeling dizzy and nautious and had a funny feeling in my left ear and then the pain started and it just got worse from there and destroyed my military career
  9. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

You can find him under the name Billcamo. We both have this dd.
  10. Doober

Doober New Member

here also.

37 YO with Fibro.
  11. joeperry

joeperry New Member

Hey guys,

Im another lucky winner.... 36 have had FM 3 yrs and perhaps CFS for 1.5 yrs.

Had to quit working but at least now I have time to pursue my music. And I finally learnt to play the piano.... and I dont have to get up early anymore !!!!

At least there are a few plusses to balance the many minuses....
  12. rjsbow

rjsbow New Member

me to, 43 yr old male. I REALLY hate this dd.
  13. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

CFS and chronic pelvic floor muscle pain for 2 years.

Lyrica and other drugs also have me questioning my 'maleness'.
  14. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

Was officially diagnosed two years ago, but have had the disease since early childhood. My dresser looks like the pharmacy shelves at the drug store I'm on so much medication, but it keeps the pain manageable so I'm ok with it. Hate the disease and am just trying to live with it.

It ain't always easy...

Eric
  15. rjwrightny22

rjwrightny22 New Member

29yr old male and going on 2.5 years worth of CFS.
  16. GRMonLI

GRMonLI New Member

Well, Long Island actually but my partner and I go into NYC quite often since he used to live there and his brother still does.

I am 46 and have been diagnosed sith FMS/CFS since 1992. Got really bad in 1999 and quit work. Got SSD in 2001 after a 2 year fight.

Currently I am fininshing my BS and just applied for Graduate School.

George
  17. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

24 and counting
  18. bct

bct Member

Technically, anyway! 62, CFS since "94. Lots of guys are actually here.

Regards,
    Barry
  19. grace54

grace54 New Member

54 years young:) I was told I have CFS/fibro, I am sure of the fibro. About 8 years now, much better but it occasionally rears its ugly and I mean UGLY head. Hope we all get better ASAP.

PS. Bakeman -I know what you mean, but I make a point to flirt at least once a week whether I need to or not or weather they realise it or not- HE-HE just in case. Hurry up and flirt with someone before you changeover to the other side, -hurry:)[This Message was Edited on 03/24/2008]
  20. jprr99

jprr99 New Member

Thanks for the replies. Nice to see I'm not the only guy on here. I will refer to this posting often and hopefully we can support each other in our quest to get better!!

JP