Any Medication suggestions for Aspirin Allergic People?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mindy2, May 14, 2003.

1. Mindy2

Mindy2 New Member

Sorry, I forgot to tell you I am allergice to Aspirin or any Aspirin based medications. At the moment I am on Ultram.
    I just read this moring of a NEW pain killing drug for chronic pain suffers. I was wonderering if anyone with FMS has tried it. It is called Avinza. I know little about it, but they are giving it to arthritic suffers, with much success. Even though we have so many doctors who think this is a head disease, perhaps there may be one who has given it. I would appreciate knowing if it works, and is it dangerous. Just type it into google search and you will find quite a bit about it.

Mindy
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am also allergic to asprin, and a whole host of meds too.

I don't know about the new drug, but I can take OTC Advil Gel caps. They do seem to help a great when I am in serious pain.

I am really answering so that your post goes back to the first page as it slipped to the second page.

HOpe you are feeling better....

Shalom, Shirl
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Avinza (morphine sulfate). Extended Release Morphine For Chronic, Moderate-To-Severe Pain.
    (formerly Morphelan)
    I have never taken it, but know of other here who have taken morphine to control pain, and have good results.

There are other opiods, too that have no other active ingredients, such as aspirin or tylenol. Can you take tylenol if so, you could take Vicodin? I take Vicodin and Ultram...ultram is for mild to moderate pain..Vicodin is for stronger pain than ultram.

LL

LL