Any Men with Fibro Experience This??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Stampeding_Sheep, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Stampeding_Sheep

Stampeding_Sheep New Member

I was wondering if any of you men with FM experience "male-specific" problems; specifically, symptoms of ED since you've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia or even CFS. I've also noticed that after ejaculation, my muscles around pelvic/perineum area remain contracted/seize, and cause some pain. I do have whole-body muscle spasticity and actually am getting a sigmoidal ostomy next month due to spastic muscles in my GI system. I've been wanted to get a brain-scan MRI to rule out MS, but I sometimes figure I don't have it because I don't have the severe thermoregulation problems that most MS patients have (ie, hot showers don't bother me). Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

-Dave
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I have had CFS for 25 years. No problems. But old age is slowing me down. That adage "Use it or lose it" doesn't seem to apply.
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Some times with the ED, but I believe it is more meds related then FMS related. Before I was put on atacand hct I never had a problem in the arena, but since this new med I do and it seems to be happening more often.

I'll have to speak to my doc about this at my next app. I don't know how I will approach Her with it though, yes that's right I said her.

Jake
  4. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Thanks for responding, but I don't know how to bring this up with her (pun intened). She is a good doctor though and the new med does keep my BP in check. It can be a problem when it happens though. My wife thinks that when this happens I'm just going through the motions for her to make her happy.

Jake
  5. Stampeding_Sheep

Stampeding_Sheep New Member

I am almost positive that it's not med related, because I was on the same meds in high school (graduated six years ago) when it was still labelled CFS, and I had no "male" problems whatsoever. The problems started to occur after I relapsed four years ago, became worse two years ago when I relapsed again, and then I relapsed again a month ago. It seems that the male-type problems just go hand-in-hand with the FM problems anyway. Just in case, I still want to try to convice my PCP to do a brain-scan MRI just to rule out MS.

The last two times that I've relapsed have been from dehydration from my GI meds. Last month I had to take Zelnorm after milk of mag the night before, and I lost a lot of fluid. I tried to get my electrolytes back as much as possible, but after I had fallen asleep from the elavil, I woke up, and my muscles were really stiff, and felt "drained" from any water that was once retained. I find it interesting that a lot of my ailments over the past few years have been due to laxatives I've had to take. Luckily my ostomy surgery is next month. Anyway, gotta get some work done. Have a great day!!

-Dave
  6. damz68

damz68 New Member

I dont have ED, or I did not last night. I do get the pain after ejaculation. As far as MRI is concerned, if you are ill get it done. I have had MRI,SPECT and CT. I do not have MS but have serious thermoregulation problems. Hot showers bother me along with many other things.