Any mommy's with FM/CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by code34me, Feb 23, 2006.

1. code34me

code34me New Member

I just got through typing a long message and my puter froze as I tried to post it!!!!!!! I am just looking for someone who has children and dealing with this illness? I just cant type it all again it was to long and I am just to tired now. I have a 3 year old son and a 13 year old daughter. I am 39 close to 40 and just so sad to feel this way. I do take good care of them but that is all I can do. I need to go to work because I am trying to leave my husband who is very manipulative and has no concept of what I am feeling and dont know how I can do it all? Anyways just wanted to talk to another mommy with this illness. Thanks Codey
  2. smithje77

smithje77 New Member

I do - I have a 6yr old, 3yr old, and 4month old. I am also trying to work a full time job but that's another story.

Lets share support and encouragement so we can give the most of ourselves for our kids. I am very lucky to have a supportive husband, but I get nervous of loosing him. I have changed so much over the last year - as I get worse and worse. I know that the Lord is working on me to mold and shape me into who he wants me to be. I am determined, despite the sorry and mourning for what I once had (energy), that I will come out of this on top and to have changed for the better.

-Joy
  3. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I have a ten year old son and a three year old daughter. I have a difficult time being a Mommy but I wouldn't change that fact for anything.

My children are everything to me. They are the very reason I wake up each day. My fatigue is harder on me than FMS. I miss running and playing kickball or baseball with my son.
    I miss being active in my children's lives.
    Angela
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2006]
  4. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I am also 39 going on 40 my birthday is March 11th.

I have one son who is 12yrs old and a daughter who is grown she is 23yrs old.

I know it is rough dealing with them.

However I am lucky that God sent me an angel (my husband) he is so understanding and when he comes home I turn my son over to him.

He takes care of the disipline and making sure my son gets his meds and food.

I am sorry for you with your situation, when I first got this disease my husband wasn't so understanding b/c I looked fine.

Then I went to dr's who said there was nothing wrong with me, then finally I found a dr who knew what was wrong with me.

I have now had about 3 different dr's who have told me I have fibro, so now he knows there is something really wrong with me.

Things will hopefuly get better for you, I will pray for you.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} Pamela
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2006]
  5. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Stressed out, wigged out, crazy Mommy here..

I have 2- 9yrs (3rd grade) and a 5 yr old, starting kindergarten next fall..

I work full time - not married, well not any more.

Most days I just keep putting one painful foot in front of the other..I'm sure I don't do it all, and most of what I do do, is done poorly.. but with a lot of love.

All you can do is your best... the rest will fall into place.

Sharon
  6. octobermarriage

octobermarriage New Member

I saw your message and had to reply. I am a mother of three children under the age of 8 and 40 years old. I was diagnosed with fibro two and half years ago. My mother has fibro and has suffered for over twenty years. I can say that some days it is extremely tough to be a mother, wife or friend to anyone when you hurt so bad. I can remember when my first two children were toddlers and I would stick videos in the vcr one after the other. Once the third came along and the other two got older that just wasn't enough. They do not understand why Mommy wants to lie on the heating pad all of the time.

I am however fortunate that my husband is growing to understand this disease. But I was married previously and suffered in silence not really knowing what was wrong with me. The first husband was manipulative and extremely abusive. Good thing there were no kids involved.

Good Luck and give yourself permission to take care of you. Remember you will teach your kids how preserve their sense of well-being by giving them a model in their mother.
  7. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Hello again!! I just posted to your last post..
    I have 7 kids altogether. 24 (lives in Florida), 20 (has Autism, 15, 12, 10, 6, and 3. Two dogs a cat and a water turtle. Also 23 Koi fish in the posn in my back yare. Im always feeding something or someone.
    Gosh I have to go to bed just thinking about it LOL.
    No really somedays my body screams out for mercy and my mind cant keep up. Between homework, IEP meetings, laundry on and on and on... I cry ALOT!!!
    But believe it or not I would not change a thing except having this dd...
    Take care
    Melinda
  8. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

My son is 5, my duaghter 3. my fibro and other illnesses hit hard after my daughter was born. i carry so much guilt! my son was a preemie...7 wks early and i was so devoted to him! with my daughter i feel like she's gotten jipped. I've not made her a quilt, i can't sit down and write the children stories for her as i did my son, and i just dont have the ability to do the things with her that i did with him. my dh says he understands that am ill and cant help it, but he resents the money problems we have as a result of my illnesses. I am in the process of trying to get my disabiliy application done because there is no way in heck i can go back to work like this. if i get disability, perhaps i can then afford some of the out of pocket medical stuff that will help me feel better.