Any Nashvillians out there with an endocrinologist

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. claudiaw

    claudiaw New Member

    willing to do research? I want a doc. who will do a complete panel on my gladular, endocrine system.

    I know my hormones are out of wack, gyno want's to put me on Diabetic meds for PCOS.

    I am tired of trying so many drugs that don't help.

    But no doc want's to see what is going on chemically with me, and I believe that would help in knowing what issues to address.

    I guess I want something simialr to the Fatigue centers that are out thre, there is none here in nashville.

    My rhumey is just content to prescribe what the pharmacuetical rep say's is the next best thing. he has no interest in research, or doing any tests on me. not even a cortisol test which some rhuemy's do.

    my husband and I are really searching for an answer and want a doc who has the same passion. I think I need a doc, who has been personall touched by FM, so they have a personal interest.

    I have asked my doc, checked the net, etc. not getting anywhere.

    Thanks for any help.

    P.s. Not new here just been off the board's several months.
  2. claudiaw

    claudiaw New Member

    up for the afternooners.:)
  3. jg004o6371

    jg004o6371 New Member

    hi there,

    sorry ur not getting any info from anywhere,have u tried any other websites to help u,i know what u mean by trying different drugs on us,i think that we r guiena pigs with the drugs they shuff on us to take,i have a good doc here in wolverhampton,and a rhuemetologist he specialises in fibro so i was lucky to have him he diagnosed me in 4months,bcause i had tests for the past 6years,then my doc referred me to him i couldnt not believe it when he said i got fibro,a bit shocked but relived in a nother way after all those years,im new on here,so if u want to now anything just give me a bell,my email is on my profile, isnt there another doc u can go to,hope u get what u r looking for so goodluck with everything,takecare
  4. claudiaw

    claudiaw New Member

    sorry couldn't remember your post name lot's of numbers!:)

    I have tried all kinds of searches, I guess i will keep asking my PT and local health and Wellness practioner's.

    many doc's don't want to do test's, it's easier to give a pill. The problem is if you don't do test's to see what is going on, all those pill's are just a shot in the dark.

    I have had Fm for over 15 yrs., took over 10 to get dx. So I have seen my share of doc's. had lot's of MRI's, EMG's, x-ray's, etc.

    I want testing on cortisol, thyroid( test's normal but know it's not)adrenals,etc.

    need a doc who is also curious and want's to find the "cause" of the problem, instead of just giving the latest pill.

    I'll shut up now.:) I'm glad you like your doctor's, good ones are hard to find it seem's.:)

[ advertisement ]