Any on take Provigil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fabricaholic, Jun 12, 2007.

1. fabricaholic

fabricaholic New Member

Has anyone used this before? How long before you saw any improvement with your daily fatigue/sleepyness?

I've been taking it for about a month now and not quite sure if its helping or not.

Thanks for the info
    Fabricaholic
  2. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

I take provigil, but I had to add Adderall to it. It has helped, but it doesn't help much when you are flaring. Nothing seems to help. I found the Provigil with Adderall was somewhat effective. Good Luck! P./S Are you taking 2 Provigils a day?
  3. fabricaholic

fabricaholic New Member

I'm just taking 1 200mg a day. I see my doc tomorrow and I'll let him know and maybe he'll increase it or something.

Fabricaholic
  4. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

Provigil has helped me to be more mentally awake during the day. I'm not sleeping all day now. It doesn't turn my body out of "blob" mode but it does really help my mind. For instance, before I was taking it I wasn't even able to write emails I was so exhausted. Some people claim it does nothing for them, others feel the difference, but it also depends on your dose. Perhaps you need a higher dose if it hasn't been effective for you thus far.
  5. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

can you take melotonin on provogil? will it exhaust your adrenal glands?
  6. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

7. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

8. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

9. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

10. kvrose48

kvrose48 New Member

Today I took Provigil for the 1st time and was delighted to be wakeful all day and 'tuned-in'.
    I will have more to report after being on it a while.
    I haven't been abel to tolerate the antidepressants as they zonk me out too much.
    Pain not affected by the provigil but I sure felt more with-it!
    Karen
  11. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

on Provigil. My Dr has me taking Ambien, so I am certain you can take meltonin. By the evening, the Provigil seems to be gone from the system anyways. Hope this helps!
  12. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

I take 300mg a day. Two caplets in the morning and 1 more at mid-day. It gets me through the work day, actually awake and alert on most days.

If I'm having a really bad day, it doesn't help as much, nothing but bed helps then. But in short I love the Provigil.

Eric
  13. fabricaholic

fabricaholic New Member

I have my Fibro doc appt this morning and am going to talk to him about it and see what he says.

Im glad to hear that it does work. It gives me hope.
  14. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

says I can only take 2 a day. Actually, it works the best if I take 4, two at 5 am and 2 at 12. He said you can't prescribe over 2? He must be wrong if you are taking 3. That even would make a big difference for me I think.

Thanks for the info!
    Wyatts mom
  15. GoldenJmm

GoldenJmm New Member

At first I thought it was great, then needed the two doses daily. It does stop the brain fog I was getting, but in the morning it still is not a miracle for me. It still takes me two to three hours to get into an awake state. At my age any medication that would be related to what they call speed I am sure MD's would not give me, because of increasing medical risks. Sleep studies done not conclusive, but two professionals even disagreed on treatment. I am at hight risk for diabets, heart problems, stroke, as written on summary of sleep studies, but not one MD has told me what to do about this. My endocrinologist blames my creeping up in my blood sugar from non compliance of CPAP. A sleep study expert that is neuro told me different I need low dose of O2 at night. Well needless to say this hit me about 7 to 8 years ago neither treatment made me feel any different. I hear this medication is given to pilots that need to fly long distances in the service. Well I am sure they have no underlying problems. So taking it for them is a plus. As I said before it did get rid of brain fog for me. Which made driving not so safe, but for alertness and energy no. My heart rate does beat a little faster after a few hours of taking it, but I still sit and await for me to feel alert and awake. This is very discouraging for me. Many feel you do not feel these symptoms, it is lack of exercise or blame it on depression. But if you are taking this med once a day, have it changed to twice.
    I believe it is internal clock we have. Years ago I went for a stress test. I waited in the office for over an hour. By the time I saw the cardiologist, my heart rate was 50. He could not get it up to what was necessary. He said you are in a sleep mode. I said my heart rate has never been that low, what is it heart block, I run little high. What he said still rings in my head, awake but in sleep mode. I recommend think of before taking this med, and now while taking it. If you are not sure if it is helping then most likely it may not be, but our expectations of this med is high. I thought I would go back to be my normal active self, but not true. So just remember how things were before you took the med, then now. For certain ailments I have learned nothing is a miracle. There may be other treatments to try for you. I will come back to this site. Your post was such awhile ago, so do not know if I will get any reply. It goes deeper than CFS or nacoplexy, but I could write a book so will say good luck to you.
    golden