Any One feel like they are getting stung by bees?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by PianoGirl, Aug 17, 2006.

1. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

The last few weeks I have had an increase in what feels like bee stings. It's so strange, it's almost like it's an itchy spot but it stings like crazy. Last night it was all over my body. I couldn't sleep the night before because of it. Last night I actually took 2 neurontin and 2 codeine--I FINALLY was able to sleep for a while, my head was completely whacked out but the stinging had gone away.

I can tell my meds are wearing off because I am starting to get the stinging feeling again.

If anybody has this, what do you do to stop it? It is driving me crazy.
  2. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

Yes I have that. The 'bees stings' mainly happen in the tips of my fingers and the tips of my toes. I assume it's the Peripheral Neuropathy that I've been diagnosed with.

I also get stinging feelings on other areas of my skin like a biting ant or some other kind of small stinging/biting bug. I can have those anywhere... arms, stomach, legs, etc.

It can be very maddening. I wish I had some answers for you!
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

These are some of the symptoms of Lyme disease...Sharp, stabbing, deep/boring, burning, or lancinating (shooting) pains

Multifocal numbness or tingling in hands or feet (signs of peripheral neuropathy.

Any chance you could have been bitten by a tick?
  4. janieb

janieb New Member

I've posted a couple of times lately about this very thing. I have it all over my body. Sometimes it feels like a bite and other times it feels like something crawling on my skin. I've scratched my legs until they bruise.

There has to be some conection to the FM, here.

janieb
  5. dustyfairy

dustyfairy New Member

Hey I have those too all of these from the feeling of bugs crawling up my leg to the bee sting feeling, hitting anywhere. Guess what...my doc says it's my Lupus, I have Systemic Lupus and the symptoms sometimes mimic MS, (which my sister has), maybe you better check into it.
  6. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

I don't have another appointment with my rheumy until Sept. 22. I have to go in for a barrage of blood tests before the appointment. They are going to do the lyme test again and Lord knows what else they are testing.

I don't think it is a reaction to any medicine. I took neurontin for a long time a few years ago because of permanent nerve damage in my leg and foot because of a botched surgery in my back.

Lately the stinging and itching have been worse and worse. I can't sleep, can't relax, just feel plain miserable.

Hopefully they can soon find a cure for all this because it's so discouragng at times.
  7. jess

jess New Member

Hi, At the moment I am experiencing stinging which can be anywhere. It is not constant but it's there enough to be very annoying. I have heard that it could have something to do with seratonin in the brain. Then again, it may be a central nervous system problem which we all have. I get this periodically as one of my CFIDS symptoms. Fortunately, I can fall asleep and it doesn't keep me up. Hope you feel better, Jess
  8. aprilann62

aprilann62 New Member

Your ONLY cure is to stop taking the codeine, Neurontin and other drugs. I know it will be hard for a couple weeks or longer; but it's your only way to stop the bee stings and other symptoms. I know from experience. I was taking codeine everyday for pain; but I was just getting other symptoms like the bee stings, jimmy legs, bowel problems, and so on. <BR>
    I first weaned myself off the drugs, down to 1 a day; then a couple a week. And; everytime I would get bee stings, or jimmy legs at night; I would walk around or drink a little alcohol, till I fell asleep. A couple times I tried valium, or a prescription pill. <BR>
    Then; after not taking codeine for about a month; the bee stings and jimmy legs stopped completely. <BR>
    The only thing is; is I can not take even one pill with codeine in it anymore; cause then the symptoms start up again. <BR>
    It's like an addiction and withdrawals issues.<BR>
    But; the only way to stop it all is to get away from narcotics all together forever.
  9. znewby

znewby Member

make sure you are tested for lyme before accepting this diagnosis. <BR>
    <BR>
    If you sometimes feel any of the following :vibrating in your body, pins and needles in feet for example, little zaps throughout your body, aching or sharp pains in thighs, get a test. step 1
  10. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

This conversation has been bumped from the year 2006. Im unsure why, i thought id just point that out. Im dearly hoping that person from 7 years ago have sorted themselves out.<BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    <BR>
    Many thanks<BR>
    <BR>
    Ameile
  11. etta merlene

etta merlene Member

Finally! I thought I was loosing my mind! The only thing I got from the Dr. Office was a shoulder shrug. I was dx
    with Lyme's disease, sle, depression, and fibromyalgia.