Any one from central Minnesota

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teene, Mar 13, 2005.

1. teene

teene New Member

I live in minnesota I love the winters but i cant handle the cold and the heat & humitedy Make summers yucky spring is beautiful but makes the joints ach Fall is the best I guess I love it here or I wouldnt live here , Some times i wish it wouldnt get so cold for so long.
  2. newjoy

newjoy New Member

Where are you? I moved here 3 years ago from Montana thinking my health would be better here as I was previously thinking the winters there were so hard! Hahah..
    I also thought the high altitude was a factor in my cfs/fibro. But now, no way and I want to go back. Here the wetness, molds, humidity, etc. I am much worse here actually. Have you been here long? How about the other day when it was around 60 degrees and then around 20 the next. That is hard on my body.

Are you involved in any support groups?

Joy
  3. labrat

labrat New Member

Hi-
    I grew up in MN, lived in MD for 10 years, and returned to MN. Heat and humidity are much worse on the east coast in the summer compared to here. I live in Fergus Falls, west central MN, and have CFS not fibro and am lucky that the weather doesn't bother me too much except for the heat in summer. I do like the change of seasons here.
    Tracy
  4. sleepchaser

sleepchaser New Member

I am not sure about how the weather affects the symptoms, but at this point, I am just looking for a competent doctor -- any suggestions? Central MN or north and/or east minneapolis areas???
  5. teene

teene New Member

hello Newjoy I live in Cambridge I go to a support group in St Cloud 45 minuts away the drive is hard, but mentaly worth it,sleepchaser I know what you mean the wether chainges are hard on the arthritis & Fibro,check this place out Labrat I went down to the Sister Kenny Fibromyalgia-Arthritis care program at abbott Northwestern Hospital I saw Jenny Frans she dose wonderful things she got me a alpha-stem machine for pain ,sent me to a Dr there who did an MRI and found teathered cords in my spine thay untethered the spinel cords released the cord that was hung up on the vertabray and besides the arthritis & fibro i can sit for a little longer thay are very helpful you need a referal its a good place hour and a half or so drive well worth it!

peggy[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2005]
  6. sleepchaser

sleepchaser New Member

I will definitely check out Sister Kenny - thank you for the suggestion!
  7. petsrme

petsrme Member

bumping for peach bunnee
  8. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

9. ScooterD

ScooterD New Member

Hi!
    I live by the Fargo/Moorhead area (Barnesville). I grew up in Hibbing. Nice to meet all of you! :>)

I TOTALLY agree Sister Kenny is the place to go and Jenny/docs are wonderful. Look at my post from two days ago (go to my profile to find it)when I posted my experience with them too. I haven't received my alpha stim yet...can't wait. ( Hey Teene...what are they prescribing for your pain? )

The weather and this DD: anything over 85degrees and any humidity knocks me down unbearably. I can't stand it HOWEVER I lived in Texas for 7 years so I'm not complaining too much. The cold never effected me until last year - now when it's real cold the pain in my knees skyrockets.

Stay warm and cuddly - hot chocolate all around for everyone!

XXXOOO