Any one get negative symp'ms/ cross-reactions after eating sugar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Oct 25, 2005.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I often eat something sugary but will not always feel too bad until I am exposed to something else that bothers me, like a household cleaner. I think (but am not sure yet) that I am seeing a pattern between eating sugar and more violent reactions to environmental allergens generally?
    I will still more often than not have a violent reaction to other things without eating sugar but I have noticed that if I eat sugar, I can guarantee with absolute certaintly that I will react?

Does this happen to any one else? I wonder why? Any one got any explanations? my b/f thinks it's to do with total load, ie. your body can cope with so much and by taking the sugar out of the equation the load is lightened thus making you more able to fight another load such as exposure to an environmental allergen such as a perfume???

Love Shelbo
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

most of us have a problem with sugar, it feeds the yeasts that cause Candidas.

I struggle to do without sugar because I crave it so much but thats because the yeast is craving it so it's a viscious circle.

Best left alone but difficult to do.

love
    Rosie
  3. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

When I ingest any kind of refined sugar or high fructose corn syrup (yes, the stuff that's killing our kids and giving them type 2 diabetes,) I get a very bad reaction. My blood pressure jumps up, and I feel jittery, plus I get that energy rush/sudden drop that's so common with sugar.

However, when I have products made with Sugar in the Raw, organic cane sugar, rice syrup, etc., I don't get a reaction. (I will if I keep eating and eating -- binging -- but when I eat normal sized portions, no reaction.)

My one vice is flavored creamers. I heard a rumor that organic varieties will be available soon. I can't wait!

Watch out for those "Smart Spot" foods. Those companies are owned by Pepsico. They are chock FULL of all kinds of corn syrup and other carp.

(I bought a "wholesome" Quaker Smart Spot granola bars. Ate one before a doctors appointment. My blood pressure soared off the charts! (Something impossible like 150/100.) After half an hour, they took my blood pressure again. Back to normal. Went home and checked the ingredients. Boy, did I feel foolish. The ingredients list read like a chemistry set. And they are marketing this crap (HFCS products) to our children. Turns my stomach.)

Does ingesting sugar make me sensitive to my environment? Yes, any time my body is weakened, like after I digest sugar, I become more sensitized to everything around me: temperature, noise, smells, stress, etc. I think it happens just because my body is in a weakened state.

[This Message was Edited on 10/26/2005]