Any one get sweaty skin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debgene56, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

Sometimes I get sweaty skin, on my neck and chest and back and one hands. Any one els get that? So glad I found this site. These are the kind of questions that doc's like to write wacko meds for! Hope every one is doing well.
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

I get sweaty skin when I sleep. Just like you described. Although I'll tell you what helped me. Remember my other post to you about the food/sugar thing? Well, when all that started I also found out on this site and learned from my Fibromyalgia book that you need to get...is the Magnesium w/ malic acid. I was taking 3 a day with 1000 mg. of Panthethenic Acid. Now the Magnesium w/ malic acid cleared up alot of the sweaty thing. The Pantothenic Acid helped with fatigue. Actually both of these helped with fatigue. It also cleared up this strange rash I had on my hands. It was so wierd. The rash itched and would not go away, but when I started taking the Magnesium w/ malic acid it went away. The book you need to get is Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain..A survival Manual by Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen Copeland. Last night I bought From Fatigued to Fantastic. Both these books are great!! They really help and will help you when you go to your doctor. Take them with you when you go see Mr. Doctor. As far as the sweating thing...I also use to get cold and clammy alot at work. I would go and just freeze!! I use to be very hot natured then all this stuff started. But it also started when my diet was all wrong..like I mentioned earlier in that other post. So try this I suggested if you want and also get the books. You can get them at the book stores like Barnes and Nobles or Hastings. You wont be sorry. (((HUGS))) Pammy

3. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

You and I have alot in common. I have two books that are several years old. I will get the books soon. You have to be rich (which I am not) to be able to afford all of this. I am going to healthfood store or Monday to look around and get spelt and some allowed sweetener and maybe something to drink and maybe something to eat If I am lucky. I know the manager of the store so he'll take me hand in hand and show me whats up. I just started with the sweaty stuff when I got really sick to. And I use to get cold and clammy before. Have you tried any of the cookbooks yet? Gotta go,take care and hugs, Deb
  4. pamela

pamela New Member

Well I'm not rich, actually I have to work and if I did not follow this plan I outlined for you there would be no way with all my reactions. Now I just found out I can't even take Valerian Root for sleep!! Yesterday when I was writing you I was hurting in and around my right side. Actually been doin that for a week. When I did not take it last night I woke up today and no pain or achyness!! Wow!! Well, back to you dear I just found a store that sold this stuff cheaper and I really don't have a choice. Now the bread is a bit expensive...$4.59 for a loaf here in Austin. But It's all I can virtually eat. Bites huh? But you do what you have to do until you don't have to do it anymore. That's what my mom always says. I just find out what stuff costs and save for it. Luckily I have a husband that brings in some quick cash once in a while so that helps to. Man this stuff is really a pain!! LOL...no pun here. Well I always say there is good out of bad. I hope you find what you need. Glad you have a good grocery guy to help you. Write soon!! Love Pammy Oh by the way..watch out on the sweetner stuff....I found the brand called "Stevia" and a little goes a long way..what ever you do watch out for Equal, Twin, Sweet and Low and all those artificial sweetners...they have dextrose in them and other stuff. It's real bad for you and I had MAJOR headaches and shooting pains with those. Try Stevia sweetner. It's kind of tart but it is a sweetner. It does not take much of it either. Actually I have been eating the brown sugar and a little does not hurt. The cook books I do not know about. I guess I'll just have to figure that out on how to find those. DO you know? See Ya!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/02/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/02/2003]