Any one had marriage difficulties?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by taniazcatz, Apr 11, 2006.

1. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

I've been married for 9 years, my husband and I have an 11 month old son. For the past several months it seems like there has been a divide growing between my husband and me. We just aren't getting along like we used to. Since I had our son, I have had more flare ups and haven't been feeling great. Sometimes, honestly, being a mom takes all of my energy and there is very little if any energy left to also be a wife. I'm worried and I don't really know what to do. I've scheduled an apoointment with a therapist, thinking that might help. But does anyone have any suggestions? Has FMS affected any one elses relationships? I don't even have as many friends as I did simply because they just didnt understand FMS or they just seemed to fade out of my life. It's my reltionship with my husband that bothers me the most. I love him with all my heart, but we need to fix somethings or I' m afraid this will end up , well being the end of us. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Tanya
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i wish i could be more positive, but i can not...
    you are on a good start...therapy for the both of you would be ideal and it takes work...dr. phil has a book out called relationship rescue...read and you hubby...but most men do not like to go to therapy...it shows a sign of weakness in thier minds..

yes it was one excuse the ex-h used, but it is only an excuse..he had affair then another one...but he is bipolar and that is one thing they will do....

it isn't anything that couldn't be fixed on his part...but trying him to get the help was another....

get help for yourself if he will not go w/you..

jodie
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

if this is to come to a divorce do not, i repeat do not file papers until your 10 year anniversary...then is considered long term marriage in most states and also you will have an enititlement to his ssa in your future...

jodie
  4. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

Jodie,
    Thank you for responding so quickly. My husband has said that he will go to therapy with me, and I believe him because we were in therapy rogether when I was first diagnosed 6 years ago so we could learn how to cope with everything a little better. And I know about the 10 year rule, from when my parents divorced. You know something weird, my parents divorced in florida after 26 years of marriage. We now live in florida. I hope this state isn't cursed for me!! Thank you very much for your advice. I will go get the relationship rescue books.

Tanya