Any one here take Vitamin C

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammy21, Jun 23, 2006.

1. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

I was reading on one of the containers that vitamin C is also a stress support.I was wondering if any one here takes it and it helps?
    Thanks
    Take Care
    Tammy
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Hi Tammy,

I take 1000 to 2000 mg of vit. C daily can't tell that it helps nor does it hurt so I just continue taking it..

I have CFS and sinusitis/allergies thought it would help with the sinus problem but can't say I have noticed any difference in me in any way...

greatgran
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi Tammy .. yes I take time released 1000 mg vit C .. along with 90 mg of CoQ10 and B50 complex .. they work well together for me especially if I have a lot of things to do during the day ..
    I used to take so many supplements .. but gradually found that this simple combination was the most affective for me !
    Good Luck !
    Joy
  4. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

That is interesting about how it can make arthritis worse.
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I have CFS only and take about 4000 mg. of vitamin C daily. That's about a teaspoon of vitamin C crystals, which I dissolve in water.
    I haven't felt any different since doing it, but I think vitamin C is well worth taking.

Kholmes
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

in the form of calcium ascorbate. It's cheapest and best absorbed that way and I dissolve it in my water, about 3 grams daily and more if I think I might be getting a bug or even too rundown. I didn't have a cold/flu for 4 yrs this way.

My aunt has emphysema, was a heavy smoker (before dx), and had breast cancer years ago as well. She take half my dose and doubles it if feeling a bug and only gets maybe 1 a year, pretty darn good for someone w/ her history. She said she used to catch everything before the C, so she swears by it too.

I know it makes a big difference. Helps w/ allergies too.

And I don't believe it makes arthritis worse. My aunt has a touch of arthritis and thinks she all around better. She doesn't take the huge bottle of tylenol 3 she used to take either. I'm not so sure that I trust that info at all (sorry to source), but it seems obscure. If there is anything to it, perhaps in susceptible individuals, then maybe a buffered vs. pure ascorbic acid form makes a difference. Mine is buffered w/ calcium, which makes it alkaline, pure ascorbic is quite acidic and I don't recommend it in that form. To make sure I get the full C complex I eat raw veggies w/ it.

Jeanne
  7. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i actually am gradually adding supplements
  8. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

What is the recommened dose a day?