Any one know of a doctor in Tucson, AZ for ME/CFS?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Rinkerdinx, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Rinkerdinx

Rinkerdinx New Member

Hello Everyone!
    I'm so glad to find something to help me in my chaotic journey! I'm 27 years old and have gone through the many medical loops for getting tested for everything under the sun to rule out the "known" illnesses so that I can get treated for Fibromyalgia. I'm working with a Nurse practitioner, (my physician doesn't seem to help) of the medical office I go to and she believes that I have fibromyalgia and has referred me to a Neurologist, Rhematologist and a cardiologist. Only after did I read on this site that my symptoms fit a diagnosis. I have had a problem with severe fatigue for 8 months, I sleep all the time but have zero energy. I feel that I'm even more tired if I try to "ignore" the tiredness and keep on my schedule. I'm sick all the time, I get sick frequently and then I get colds/flu worse than anyone around me and then I have it for atleast a month or so. For the past 4 months or so I have had constant tingling/numbing in my right leg and arm (including my shoulder) and my leg jerks when I'm tired or if I have had an active day on my feet and I sit down to rest. I am in pain most of the time from my joints to just brushing up against my muscles. ( I usually feel that I've been hit by a bus, or the worst "flu" pain). I've now been getting headaches to the point of tearing up, my vision is blurry sometimes and then goes back to normal and I'm dizzy a lot of the time. I also have arrhythmias and IBS like symptoms, which are all coming out of no where! I have been told I need to suck it up and deal with the problems, I'm having a hard time getting anyone to believe/understand what I'm going through. Very fustrated. I am wondering if anyone knows of a good doctor so I can finally find some resolution?
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I would immediately see a Neurologist first. You have neurological symptoms that really should be looked at, particularly with the tingling/numbing in the leg, jerking of the leg, headaches and blurring of vision. My headaches/migraines are handled by the neurologist and he has done an excellent job.

I see a good neurologist, but he is strictly on the medical plan and does not take anyone outside the plan and is 2 hours away from Tucson. Below are top docs from a men's magazine, and when you scroll down you'll find a top neurologist in Tucson.

http://www.menshealth.com/images/MH_Static/MH_topdocs.pdf