Any One Sense Weird Crawling Sensations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TxSongBird, May 9, 2006.

1. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I have weird crawling sensations in my legs and feet. I feel like there is something under the skin creeping up and sometimes I think there are bugs on me and winch because I hate bugs and when I see there is nothing, I know that it is probably Fibro symptoms.

2. reenaj

reenaj New Member

YES! I have them too...I call them my heeby jeebies. Drive me crazy...somewhere between an itch and a tickle.
  3. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I am jenni, and I am in the DFW area in Texas, welcome to the board. I have the creepy crawling sensations as well. They are most always on the lower limbs for me too.

I have to be careful because I have scratched myself raw spots several times, not really even thinking about it. They were the first thing I noticed right before I had a major allergy attack recently as well. I told the nurse I felt like I had a million rolly poley's (SP?) on my back.

I believe that FM is most likely some sort a neurgolgical issue. When I get this sensation, my senses go crazy. Odors, lights, and sounds really bug me. If I don't stop by the time this all starts up, I go down hill fast.

Take notice if they come a a particuliar time. For me, they are often the first symptom that I am overdoing things.

It is my first warning to slow down.

Good luck, jenni

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 05/09/2006</i>]
  4. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i have it also. i also itch all the time. but the crawling sensation may be due to RLS (restless leggs) if it happens when you are tired. i take requip for that.
  5. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Well nice to know I am not a loner from the Texas area on here. My sense of smell is so highen that at times I feel sick to my stomach over the simplest smells. The creepy, crawly thingie is happening to me today and I constantly reach down to bat nothing off my feet or legs. Do you ever wonder how it would be to live a normal life?

6. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Yes lets add another diagnosis on to my life, okay. I do suffer from Restlessleg Syndrome and take Requip .5 mg at bedtime to control my legs from jumping, kicking and literally driving my husband crazy. My brother has this, my Dad had this and my Grandmother had this. But the creepy, crawly thing is a different feeling than the kicking and jumping that the Restlessleg Syndrome.

ANNXYZ New Member

and are very much associated with mycoplasma / and lyme infections . I suspect nerve endings are inflamed , possibly by infection.

When I first becamee ill , I had LOTS of them , along with intense burning sensations on my skin . They were scary , but passed .

Some theorize that these symptoms occur when infections cross the blood/ brain barrier .

8. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

I have been feeling like this alot lately. And it doesn't help that this is big time ant season here, so I keep thinking I have ants crawling over me....but nope, I am ant free, just feel like there are. It is really bad when I am trying to go to sleep at is dark, I can't see, just feel! UGH!

9. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Sometimes I feel like water dripped on me. It happens quite a lot actually.

Bugs too.

Sometimes it's like I got stabbed with a needle - or a bug bite.

I get a lot of those neurologic sensations.

10. stillsmilin

stillsmilin New Member

That's what it feels like to me when parathesia starts up. Like tiny ants crawling all over me. It is definately linked to fibro (like we don't have enough obscure symptoms already!) It tends to happen when I'm in a bad flare and I'm running a fever; whenever I'm 'overheated' it tends to get worse. least I know now that I'm not alone! Thought I was going crazy there for a sec...
  11. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Its jenni again.

I was curious how long this flair has been going on for you? I was in a remission for over a year up until the wildfires we had so bad in the fall. Maybe it was coincedence but between the fires, winds, and smoke...I wondered.

stillsmilin- I experience it just like you. Definatly worse during a flair, and much worse when overheated!

Wow! I hate that we all have this, but it feels so good to know I am not alone. There is a major comfort in that!
    Thanks, jenni
  12. scotty1967

scotty1967 New Member

Hello I am new to this site. I was surfing for answers to my skin problem aslo. Except it sounds like I have it worse than you if that makes you feel any better. Mine is literately from head to toe,basically where ever I have hair. Which is pretty much about every where. My back feels like it`s gettin bit,in other places the bitting feeling varies. My ears,feet,legs,I think you get the genreal idea. I was just diagnosed with hyper active thiroid,and I have a high liver enzyme. whatever the hell that is.LOL Iv`e been to 2 different doc`s and my original doc thinks it`s from the thiroid,and the other doc thinks it`s the enzyme. All I know is I`m bout to lose my Anyway nice in a way to see I`m also not the only one with this prob,take care and hope your cured soon.
  13. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Yes, I have this also.&lt;BR&gt;
    For me, it is a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme) that caused that, along with the fatigue, fibromyalgia pain, insomnia, etc.&lt;BR&gt;
    My symptoms are getting better with lyme treatment.
  14. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

RLS and crawling sensation can be a circulatory disorder. Us ppl of CFS/FM have hyper-coagulation: too much blood fibrin - a blood protien that is involved in clotting.&lt;BR&gt;
    Try some protein dissolving enzymes like: Nattokinase, Lumbrokinase. Take 3+ capsules. &lt;BR&gt;
    Herbs that help too are Butcher's Broom (esp good for leg circ and varicose).&lt;BR&gt;
    Cayenne or equiv make us feel warm, due to the dialation of blood vessels in the skin. Take before a meal to ease the stomach.&lt;BR&gt;
    A massaging heating pad is available at most drug stores. Vibration increases circulation. So does the heat.&lt;BR&gt;
    Dr Teitelbaum et al say that infections can be overwhelming to the immune system, so fibrin blocks these areas off until the system can handle them. The root cause then is infections. Try to treat the infections as much as possible.
  15. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi TxSongBird, I have this also just a light crawling up and down both lower legs and the tops of both feet. I have diabetes so I always just thought that this was part of the diabetes although I keep my blood sugars well controlled.My legs seem worse if im on my legs more than usual, not pain ful just aggravating to feel like bugs are crawling and always looking down to check. Sorry dont have any help to offer , just know your certainly not alone in this. God Bless Becky
  16. jmq

jmq New Member

I have it too.... only in my thighs, mainly at night. My feet also burn and feel swollen. I am not sure what it is. My skin is also much drier than ever. I only drink water and I drink alot of it. I have no idea whats causing it. I have Fibro. too.&lt;BR&gt;
  17. zena01

zena01 New Member

Hi, it used to drive me nuts and sometimes still does. When I first noticed it it was summer and I would brush the bug or whatever away and it was right back and finally realized there were no bugs, and that it was just me! My shins were worst, I'd get the crawly feeling and then feel like I was being bitten.&lt;BR&gt;
    When it first started I got on here and checked like I did any time I got a &quot;new&quot; symptom and other people here had it so I just went on. What I did not do, was check it against the Fibromyalgia symtom list. It is not a symptom of fibromyalgia. (at least it wasn't then, I haven't checked to see if anything else has been added) It is a symptom of Lyme disease.&lt;BR&gt;
    After seeing how many people with fibro were also testing positive for Lyme disease I got tested for lyme and company and I got a positive western blot for lyme disease and also tested positive for Babesia, another tick disease. &lt;BR&gt;
    I found that I was accepting all these weird symptoms because others here had them but I was not looking at the fact that they were not fibromyalgia symptoms. So when you have a new symptom, don't automatically accept it because others have the same things -- they may not all have the same illness as you.....check the actual published fibro symptom list and also check the Lyme symptom list. There are so many different things I suffered from and just accepted that did not have anything to do with Fibro at all.&lt;BR&gt;
    Hope this helps someone....&lt;BR&gt;
  18. gosh I thought I was the only who had this. No one knows what i am talking about. I call it the creepy crawlies
    explain it as in bugs crawling under my skin all over.
    Have you tried to take real hot baths or showers?
    seems to work for me sometimes. kinda like I am burning them away?
  19. znewby

znewby Member

We know a lot of people who think they have fibromyalgia actually have lyme disease or both.
    Dr. Eva Sapi who has been doing research on ticks in the US says 45 percent of the ticks carry the larva of filarial worms. People are waking up to the fact that parasites are as much of a problem as lyme is. Dr. Klinghardt a world famous expert on lyme says that people should treat the parasites before the lyme. Then people need a much shorter time on antibiotics. He says in some cases it may only be a week or two rather than months. I think some of the leading edge lyme doctors think if you have lyme you have parasites too.
    You would think that the medical system would be glad to hear that there is a way to reduce time on antibiotics. But of course the worst part is the medical system denies parasites too. The tests are quite ineffective and doctors are afraid to treat them without a positive test, even if people bring in samples.

I would not be surprised if it takes 20 years before the medical system acknowledges parasites are a problem for lyme patients.

The problem with giving antibiotics to people with lyme and parasites first before treating parasites is that the parasites can scatter out of the digestive track into other organs like liver etc. And something people don't realize that some parasites, including microscopic ones, scatter into the brain. I wonder if that is why i have heard some say they got brain fog after taking antibiotics?

Apparently the lyme and coinfections make the body inviting for parasites to live.
    I think most people think they have no symptoms whatsoever of parasites. People are finding out they do after following a certain enema protocol called mms, described on the internet.