Any one tried yoga breathing for cfs/fm, I hear it works for some

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sindy-Uk, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

Sorry I haven't been here for some time, still struggling with my health. Lately I have been introduced to yoga breathing exercises called pranayams. They are simple breathing exercises, but are very beneficial for many conditions. I have started trying and will give it 4 months before I make any conclusion.
    Is there any one else who has tried and benefited? Please let me know.

Regards
    Sindy
  2. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

I got introduced to this through an Indian TV channel. There is this new yoga master from India, who has improved and simplified the very old yoga techniques. He holds camps/workshops for over 10,000 people at at time.He has also been holding camps in England. I have heard of 100's of people getting better from various diseases. The main ones are high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, overweight, migraines, stress and many others conditions.
    There are books and DVD's, but I dont want to mention on here as it may not be allowed.
    The main 2 which he wants every one to do are:-
    1- Anulom Vilom- alternate nostril breathing for 10-20 minutes

2- Kapal bhati- Exhaling through nose while pulling in the stomach. 1 stroke per second. He reccommends this from 5-20 minutes.

I am trying this to get rid of my uterine fibroids, as I have heard that it has helped lots of women. My gynocologist wants me to have hysterectomy. I decided to try this for 4 months and see what happens.

Sindy
  3. peachrie

peachrie New Member

hi,

i took an art of living course (part I) twice, sudarshan kriya, ive wanted to make it regular but it hurts my neck, back, arms, shoulders as it involves arms and sitting on knees.

it seems wonderful for overall wellbeing though! has anyone tried it? i wish i could keep doing it!

best,